We are looking for spicy and tasty chinese food.?

We moved to the NW side of Houston (along 249) from Chicago last month. We've gone to two Chinese places (T. Jin's in Spring and Pagoad in Tomball) because they were recommended. We didn't enjoy either. T.Jin's had absolutely NO flavor. Even our 15 year old mentioned it.

We don't mind driving up to a half hour if it's going to be really good food. Where can we go to get tasty and spicy Chinese food?

Favorite Answer

As much as this answer may offend some people.. Pei Wei (between 290 and 249 on FM 1960) has really excellent food. The chicken lettuce wraps are very good as an appetizer and if you want spicy, try the Kung Pao with the protien of your choice (I like the shrimp or the chicken). Grab some of the chili oil , red chili paste and/or spicy mustard from the wall next to the drink machines, and add those until it's hot enough for you.

P.F. Chang's is the big brother of this restaurant (same owners). They serve a stepped-up version of many of the items on the Pei Wei menu.

I live in the area and have tried a lot of the Chinese food offerings. I keep coming back to Pei Wei and PF Chang's despite the fact that they are "chain" places.

-Ben

Source(s): my own taste buds

Fung's Kitchen

(713) 779-2288

7320 Southwest Fwy, Houston, TX 77074

Cantonese-style cuisine at its finest, one of Houston's oldest Chinese diners. Stay away from chains and go to Fung's for a special experience. Bring money, it's no pedestrian buffet place.

• Shaz

I was told to go to China town in New York or San Francisco for the best tasting Chinese food.

The empress restruant, 7220 Long Point Road Houston, TX 77055-1812

, is really good. I have been eating there for 5 years and love their food. also over off kempwood there is a good pho, vietnamese soup place, that is really good too.

Pho Bong Sen on FM 1960

Go to China

Source(s): self