promotion image of download ymail app
Promoted
Janet
Lv 5
Janet asked in Politics & GovernmentPolitics · 8 years ago

Why is Alabama's immigration law being reconsidered by cons?

11 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    8 years ago
    Favorite Answer

What's racist about asking for proof of residency to enroll a kid in school? Don't parents have to prove residency anyways so that the school district can ensure that they are enrolling their child in the correct school?

And why would a company care that Alabama enforces immigration policy unless the company intended to hire illegals?

The article makes no sense and I smell a rat. Are you trying to tell me TWO different foreign companies just happened to be in a little 4700 person town looking to build a factory there and both were stopped by the police? What companies? Let's here some names or I say Bullcrap!

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • jl
    Lv 7
    8 years ago

follow the money. Business' like having a pool of poor people to underpay. AT the end of the day the illegals keep wages down. how ironic.

• Anonymous
    8 years ago

Alabama has certainly over reached on this legislation. Agree with the base

concept. However the legislators went way to far.

• Anonymous
    8 years ago

Because the Feds are suing them for enforcing it. My question is what are they supposed to do? The Feds won't enforce the law. Illegal aliens are costing their state money.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    8 years ago

It has to be a pragmatic action. They have faced the fact blacks are no longer property and they really do need somebody to chop that cotton.Paying slave labor wages to illegals is second best to hard core slavery.

• Anonymous
    8 years ago

Because they are just recacting to the Federal Government telling them what they need to do the same way that people react when Tony Soprano tells them what they need to do.

Source(s): Strong Arm Tactics
  • Anonymous
    8 years ago

Mainly because they have realized the law of unintended consequences and that more legislation does not lead to better government.

• Anonymous
    8 years ago

They heard loud and clear from the majority that racism will not be accepted.

• Because it's completely back-firing on them.

• Anonymous
    8 years ago

Because “First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you, then you win.”

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.