Can I use my Yahoo Mail to create a Windows Live Account?

Recently bought Batman Arkham City & when I start the game it requires me to login into my Windows Live account in order to keep records & save progress. When I did try to create a Windows Live account, I tried entering my Yahoo Mail account, it told me that the 'username' already exist & all I needed to... show more Recently bought Batman Arkham City & when I start the game it requires me to login into my Windows Live account in order to keep records & save progress.

When I did try to create a Windows Live account, I tried entering my Yahoo Mail account, it told me that the 'username' already exist & all I needed to do was type in my password. This was odd since this is the first time I entered Windows Live.

& off course, I don't know the password so I tried forgot password & now its telling me that the 'username' I inputted was incorrect.

A friend told me that only a hotmail account can be used to register for Windows Live. Is that true?