Katie V asked in Consumer ElectronicsTVs · 8 years ago

The channel up and down buttons on my Samsung TV remote change the video source, not channels?

The channel up and down buttons on my remote switch input instead of scrolling through channels. Like when I'm on channel five, and I want to go to channel six, I hit the channel up button and TV switches to PC input. Does anyone know what's going on with this and how I can fix it?

I wasn't on the source menu, I know the difference! It was just a problem with the TV. It never programmed properly, that's all. Fixed it =) Thanks anyway though guys!

• khalil
    Best Answer

you are on SOURCE menu.......with UP or DOWN select TV and push OK.

some tvs have a separate button for TV on remote. if yours is this kind.....push it .

hello katie....check it with the same remote if you know anyone has tv like yours.

If your remote for the Samsung Smart TV is not working, you can change the channels on the TV itself using the toggle button at the bottom left under the TV screen. Do not push the button in, as that activates the power/menu selection. Only tip the toggle toward you or away from you to scroll up and down the channels.

• Tod

Is this the original remote that came with the TV? If it is, did it ever work correctly? If it used to work correctly and now it doesn't, the remote has become damaged in some way. If it never worked correctly, OR if it is a remote that you bought after you got the TV, you need to program the remote to work with that TV. In the manual for the TV or the remote, there is a list of codes for your TV. You will need to program them in, one at at time, until you find the code that makes the remote work the way it should.

Your problem is the button that cause malfunctioning the system. go to the repair shop and replace the old button. and maybe you can try to push the button unlimited but the tv is off maybe its work.