Is zoosk.com dating a scam?

I recently found Zoosk.com and started a profile...I winked at a few of the girls who's profile said they were not online....within a minute of winking they had replied with a message that can only be viewed if you become a paid member.....so I thought I'd check it out with the 1 month at $19.99, it seemed... show more I recently found Zoosk.com and started a profile...I winked at a few of the girls who's profile said they were not online....within a minute of winking they had replied with a message that can only be viewed if you become a paid member.....so I thought I'd check it out with the 1 month at $19.99, it seemed a reasonable rate if the girls were legitimate....so I picked the 19.99 and it went to the next page that asked for all billing details...I gave them everything but my uncle's, mother's, son's, grandma's last name...hit continue and the next page said there was a $25.00 activation fee....so the total was now $45.00... well that really pissed me off and I turned around and immediately deleted my whole profile....shouldn't the total be before you give all your credit card info??? Needless to say I called my bank and had a different card sent....My question is has anyone else ran across Zoosk and have a bad report???is Zoosk a scam?? The way they mislead me during the billing process left me with no choice but to believe that most of the girls on the site probably aren't even real...What's ya all's take on this???? Thanks.... Take care..Peace!
54 answers 54