Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthMental Health · 8 years ago

Are there any natural cures for severe and constant anxiety and panic attacks?

I am suffering from constant severe anxiety and panic attacks . The doctors have put me on numerous medications but none have helped. I ran out of valum, xanax and benzos. Does anyone know of anything natural that I could buy over the counter.

Favorite Answer

have you tried beta blockers (propranolol)? I know they don't calm the mind, but they calm the body and you might need that at the moment otherwise you'll get worn out. here are some things that I can think might help you, but you'll have to work out which ones to take and what goes well/interacts with what.

Passion flower, 5htp, valerian root, gaba or pharma gaba, l theanine, niacinamide, oats, lavendar tablets if you can get these, picamilon.

Also you must take a good quality multi vitamin daily, as well as good amounts of calcium and magnesium. Also fish or flax oil. Make sure you're eating well because constant anxiety can wear you down. Try and walk or run ever day to get rid of some of the excess adreneline.

If you are experiencing anxiety or have an anxiety disorder, you may want to try alternative therapies. The basic goal of alternative therapy is to improve your general health and relieve specific symptoms with few or no side effects. Learn here https://tr.im/0qEoH

Alternative therapies can be helpful in reducing anxiety, but it may take some time before you see results. If you are having a panic attack or other severe symptoms of anxiety, alternative therapy alone will probably not be enough. Alternative therapies often work best when used along with traditional treatment like medication and counseling. It’s always best to consult your doctor before beginning an alternative treatment program, especially one that includes herbal remedies. Some of these can have serious side effects, and some can be harmful if combined with certain prescription medications.

I am not religious and this book is not so much religious as it is common sense and better than any medication or therapy out there, go to the library and get Conversations with God Book 1 by Neale Donald walsh. I hit rock bottom a good 8 years or so ago, I had severe panic attacks, then depression because I felt I couldn't be normal, I even became somewhat anorexic due to my depression. My dogs groomer told me to read that book and I laughed at her and told her I would never understand anything to do with God because at that time in my life I felt that if there was a God, he was against me. I am spiritual but not religious. I have had many spiritual experiences since childhood and yet never understood the bible, just went with what I actually KNEW from experience. After reading that book, within weeks into reading it I noticed my panic attacks stopped, I still feared having them but I didn't actually have them. I would begin to panic and realize it wasn't actually happening. I had more mind control. I look back as bad as I was, so bad that I don't know if I would still be here had it not been for that book. One thing it says that I still remember after all these years of reading it is that we have 2 emotions in life that we react upon, one is love, the other is fear. Like jealousy for instance, it is a fear of losing and or fear of never having. Please get the book, at least try to read through it, you won't know until you try. I wish you the best. You can beat this, and you CAN and ARE normal and can live a normal life again. I used to sit by my window and watch cars go by wondering why I couldn't just get in my car and go like everyone else does, watching everyone live while I just exists. It is NOT a nice place to be- get that book, get a positive attitude, you will have a different perspective on life, begin to laugh at life in a way, find humor in stressful issues, and not take things as serious. You also may be indigo which I am, look up indigo and indigo adults and see if you match any of those traits because many of us who are indigo usually suffer from anxiety and depression until we better understand who we really are. Many hugs- Karen PS: meditation helps too!

I found this blog that has many different ways submitted by others and it lists things for over the counter and home remedies but alot of the answers were breathing and meditating then 2 people with 8 and 9 votes each with 5 star ratings had recommended a pill called Relaquil. It said that it works instantly and Affective.

I have read some litterature about panic attacks. But they allways seem to have a more scientific approach and that is nothing I need in my struggle to survive those horrible panic attacks. This is a "hand on" and very practical book. I felt it was written to me. I am sure that you are going to feel the same.

Joe Barry writes exactly how I think. The examples are perfectly described. And the method is genius. I recommend this book and thanks Joe Barry for writing it. It changes your life

The thyroid gland is situated at the front of the throat, below the Adam’s apple. It comprises two lobes that lie on either side of the windpipe, joined in front by an isthmus. The thyroid gland secretes hormones to regulate many metabolic processes, including growth and energy expenditure. Hypothyroidism means the thyroid gland is underactive and fails to secrete enough hormones into the bloodstream. This causes the person’s metabolism to slow down.

• ?

Not sure if this is what you are looking for but there are lots of things you can try to bring the serotonin levels back up!

Herbal remedies for panic attacks and anxiety commonly used are:

Oats: One of the best and also one of the most common herbal remedies for panic attacks and anxiety is oats. Oats can be taken in a number of ways including herbal extracts, pills as well as being eaten in the form of porridge. If you are wanting to use oats in this way do not use instant oatmeal.

Lemon Balm is another herb that is traditionally used for all complaints resulting from the disordered state within the nervous system. Recent research has shown that Lemon Balm has a profoundly calming effect and sedative action on the nervous system. This research backs up the traditional usage of Lemon Balm as a herb that can be used in all forms of anxiety and depression and their accompanying symptoms such as headache, palpitations and insomnia

Passionflower is a commonly used herb in the treatment of all nervous complaints including anxiety, panic attacks as well as nervous complaints of the stomach and heart (gastric cramping and palpitations for example) Passionflower's strongest action and most commonly used application is as a natural sedative and as such is an excellent remedy for insomnia.

Skullcap is a very useful herbal remedy for treating anxiety that works on two levels. Firstly it has a gentle sedative action to relax and calm an agitated nervous system. Secondly it has a tonifying action that can strengthen and support an exhausted and debilitated nervous system that can often lead to various states of anxiety and depression

Vitamins, Minerals and other supplements:

B-Complex helps anxiety/panic disorders, best taken in the morning or afternoon but not a bedtime.

Magnesium is great as a relaxer, during day &/or at bedtime.

5-HTP right before bedtime, and Melatonin could help as well

Check Sam-e out as well

Have you had your thyroid checked?

TSH, it's a blood test.

Also check on line for other possible symptoms, see some links below.

Sometimes an accident will trigger other things to happen, or make something that is already there come out stronger.

Often times a hypothyroid (under active) will cause those symptoms you are having, anxiety.

Other methods that could help:

Exercise – Exercise is a natural stress buster and anxiety reliever. Research shows that as little as 30 minutes of exercise three to five times a week can provide significant anxiety relief. To achieve the maximum benefit, aim for at least an hour of aerobic exercise on most days.

Relaxation techniques – When practiced regularly, relaxation techniques such as mindfulness meditation, progressive muscle relaxation, controlled breathing, and visualization can reduce anxiety and increase feelings of relaxation and emotional well-being.

Biofeedback – Using sensors that measure specific physiological functions—such as heart rate, breathing, and muscle tension—biofeedback teaches you to recognize the body’s anxiety response and learn how to control them using relaxation techniques.

Hypnosis – Hypnosis is sometimes used in combination with cognitive-behavioral therapy for anxiety. While you’re in a state of deep relaxation, the hypnotherapist uses different therapeutic techniques to help you face your fears and look at them in new ways.

Best wishes,

NMP

you know the only cure is your mind! i know this because i have them, they are scary but not dangerous. To stop them you have to just trust yourself and remind that you can't die and believe me you will never get another one. From the book Panic Away. one thing could help you certainly is not take pills, only naturel stuff, like camomille or decaf Green Tea and sleep lot it will go away i promise! just do what i said and you will live a happy life! Read the Panic Away if you can, that really help me lot. i suggest

The thyroid is a butterfly-shaped gland that sits low on the front of the neck. Your thyroid lies below your Adam’s apple, along the front of the windpipe. The thyroid has two side lobes, connected by a bridge (isthmus) in the middle. When the thyroid is its normal size, you’re unlikely to be able to feel it.

All types of hyperthyroidism are due to overproduction of thyroid hormones, but the condition can develop in several ways.

Thyroid hormone production can be suppressed or halted completely in these ways: https://tr.im/eN96l

cures are not sold

the meds u are on are to relieve symptoms

a natural method to 'cure' you is to engage in therapy(talk therapy to be specific)

just find a registered counsellor you can feel comfortable with and begin.