How can you buy into a company before it goes public (initial public offering aka IPO)?

I've heard that you can buy the stock in the company before it goes public; is that true or false. If it is true how do you go about it. I really need help!

3 Answers

Relevance
  • 9 years ago
    Favorite Answer

Depends on the company. Employees are given shares. Investors and venture capitalists who invest directly into the company. They are not the small investors. These guys invested millions. The underwriters and investment bank that is doing the IPO.

But if you are thinking of the average joe with a couple thousand dollars to spare. The answer is no. You have to wait until the IPO.

• Anonymous
    4 years ago

definite, yet... mostly it takes severe money and an invitation (connections). In concept it quite is attainable via a handful of exchanges that have popped as much as commerce illiquid and private shares. the project is that that's no longer sensible in maximum circumstances for the small investor because of the fact the folk promoting are not attracted to promoting 1000's of greenbacks at a time. they may be prepared to sell 1000's of 1000's at a time, yet thousands and thousands is possibly the greater undemanding purpose. Illiquid shares additionally may be constrained in who's allowed to purchase them. i might anticipate the marketplace to open as much as the small investor ultimately because it has with "while issued" shares...yet no longer marvelous now.

• Anonymous
    9 years ago

you'll have to knock on every office to find out if they're selling!

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.