Do you think Ron Paul has a chance to win?

I love this man. He is uncomprising and unwaivering in his views and has been for over 30 years. No one can ever accuse him to be a flip flopper and say whatever will help get him elected. You know where he stands, and speaks from the heart.

See short clip from a nasty CNN reporter yesterday and how he turned things around.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aFtI9UL1kZo

Youtube thumbnail

Do you think he can win?

• Favorite Answer

Currently, he is second place amongst voters in the two early states, Iowa and New Hampshire. He is running a mass ad through the radio, television and internet through those states as the voting times come closer; so, he is bound to pick up further attention based off of that. In order to run those ads, he asked for a million dollar donation in a weeks time....he got that million dollars in less than three days! That just shows how much support he has. He has a money bomb coming up December 16th in order to celebrate the anniversary of the Boston Tea Party, it is estimated that he will raise 6 million plus on that day. If he can win the two early states of Iowa and New Hampshire, which he has a 60% chance of doing, as per my estimate, he will take a huge early lead. As the primary goes on, other candidates like Santorum, Bachmann and Perry will all drop out. This will narrow the field down to Gingrich, Romney and Paul. Since the straw poll in September, I have noticed an increase in support for Mr. Paul in my home state of Florida. If he can pick up this state, in addition to his home state of Texas, he will be well on his way to running against Obama. Most likely, the majority of African Americans will jump on his band wagon, too. This is due to the biggest separation between the average income of whites and blacks since 1990....leaving many to leave the city and resort to cheaper living conditions in the rural areas.

Just by looking at the straw polls he has won:

Washington DC by 7% (14% in October)

Arizona by 20%

California by 7% (14% in September) (38% in October) (8% in November)

Louisiana by 15%

Iowa by 10% (67% in October)

New Hampshire by 35%

South Carolina by 34% (10% in November)

Ohio by 28%

Illinois by 34%

North Carolina by 30%

Oklahoma by 19%

(Indicates that there were various polls in each state at different times using a different group)

Seemingly, he has won 11 states. Also, I will do the unthinkable and state that when Herman Cain opens his website, he will endorse Ron Paul. All indications, outside of what the media leads you to believe, point to this result. For Ron Paul's sake, I hope this is correct....for Herman Cain had seemingly won 10 states.

If Paul's states are combined with Cain's states, that is 42% of the country and 65% of the straw polled states.

• Mod

Not certain on an answer to your question. But.. its quite possible and stranger things have happened. The US voters have been known to be unpredictable and managed to fool the Press and political "experts" in the past. By the Media, "overlooking" or ignoring Mr. Paul, it sort of adds interest in the man. He really appears to be more sincere than other candidates. His views on how to fix the nation are going to be a challenge for the country and elected members of the House and Senate. Far more, than what the other candidates are suggesting. They seem to want to bandage a hemorrhage. If the voters decide to elect him, then, we have to be willing to work hard and adapt to changes. Given the nation's desperation to save the US, and improve their personal lives, and their resentment towards the old way of government, then, people may just give him the win. Unexpected as it may appear. Presently, Ron Paul appears, to be "quietly" moving up the ladder towards the top. I've become very disenchanted with CNN, and I used to be an avid watcher. The only decent person left on CNN is Anderson Cooper. IMO

Sorry, but no. Setting aside the few non-scientific push polls that have him winning, the scientific polls (read as ACCURATE) have him in the single digits... a yahoo question on the site is NOT accurate, a question on his own campaign site is NOT accurate nor unbiased...

Frankly, paul doesn't want to win... he has said as much in past... he just wants to get his word out.

as for the straw polls, well, again not scientific, and the few he has won are dubious at best... busing in supporters, paying for their tickets... umm, yeah...

FWIW, he is a flip flopper, and a liar, and there are true concerns as to his agenda, and his racism... sure, his supporters disagree, but facts are facts... for instance, a situation I find hilarious is during the 2008 cycle, paul supporters were all over McCain, saying he was TOO OLD! Funny thing is, paul was born 1 year earlier than McCain... but his supporters ignored that simple, verifiable fact...

EDIT: "he is in second place among republicans"... really?

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/epolls/2012/presi... he isn't even CLOSE!

• NONAME

Yes I do think he can. He is in 2nd place now among republicans. I think its only a matter of time until everyone jumps off the Newt wagon. Plus, Ron Paul support grows steadily and surely. No one ever leaves his camp.

In Iowa and NH democrats and independents can vote in the primaries. They support Ron Paul overwhelmingly. So this adds an even greater chance for him to win those states.

If he can win those states, he pretty much has the nomination.

I don't think beating Obama will be hard for Ron Paul. Paul will get all the republican votes, all the libertarian votes, most of the independent votes, and even some of the democrat votes.

I also like him too but I wish he served as a Governor of Texas,Ambassador,Director of DEA, or Director of FBI instead of a U.S.House of Representative. Is very weak of him if he was thinking like "If I run for Governor,Director of FBI or other office, I will lose". If Ron Paul doesn't get nominated for the Republican Presidential, then I'm voting for Obama. He might be a Chicago gangster,a liar,flip-flops, & failure but at least he's not evil.

Youtube? A joke for reference.

Wait, that is a joke for a candidate.

We don't need him. Just another career politician. 30 years in congress with no accomplishments.

No, serious adults vote, not yahoo kids, so he will not get any further then last time.

It is always nice when the school bus makes its rounds and all of the Paul questions drop off for about 9 hours.

Yes, of course he can win!

The very thought of Romney or Gingrich being somehow more qualified or more electable is a joke to me.

Ron Paul will be elected President of the USA when Hell Freezes over. He is too radical and cranky.

He does not have the flexibility or temperment to deal with problems. His mantra is "my way or the

highway". He would be a disaster for the country.

Source(s): Watching Ron Paul in the numerous debates and on TV News.

He and I have the same chance and I'm not running. Just to out there for middle of the road folks

No, he does not, never has, never will. Just a blathering old man with no plan just weird ideas. Ask him his plan, he has none.