Is it wrong to be naked around your kids?

I was thinking, from the time our child is born and somewhere in childhood years our kids are able to see us naked around the house and we are able to see them naked as well. When does it change and why? Why do we suddenly hide our skin, portray disgust, and suggest opposition to the subject of nudity?

Favorite Answer

To anyone who answers that nudity around your children is either wrong, nasty, discussing , perverted, gay, rude, or whatever, you really need to check yourself, and for once think before you speak on your personal fears. We are so far from our natural being. This society is so backwards and silly when it comes to this issue, and its frightening.

For one, a child knows nothing when he or she is born. For nudity to be awkward, nasty, or wrong, has to be taught by INFLUENCE! Make sense of it Mr. & Mrs. Intelligent. The first time you run or jump for cover when your child enters a room because you're not clothe is the day something appears to be wrong with nudity. It's a leading cause for all types of issues we deal with today. All you're doing is teaching your children to hide and be ashamed of their bodies. Children are very curious. And what you're not understanding is, while you're hiding things, its making your kid even more curious. And when he/she become more curious, thats when you hear the stories of children being molested or raped. See while you're making it out to be disgusting, Mr or Mrs "IM AROUND YOUR KID WHEN YOU'RE NOT" is more than willing to give he/she a tour on the human body. And sad part is, to that curious kid, this may be the answers to his/her question of interest, unaware of this being wrong doing.

I also believe its the leading cause of weight issues, low self-esteem , and depression. I grew up thinking nudity was bad. And I always thought to myself, 'how stupid is that? We all possess the same body parts. I remember while playing basketball, during a practice game, I dreaded being chosen for the "skins team" when the coach split us up all because I was uncomfortable with showing my body. Pretty dumb as I think back on that.

I have seven children, with six living together. I see them walking around all the time between showers and they don't even think twice about being nude. They are ages 14G, 9B, 7G, 6B, and twin girls that are 3. The 14 year old is a lil uncomfortable, and chooses not to walk around that way, and I'm sure its do to the fact my ex and I didn't express to her earlier that there was nothing wrong with nudity.

Wake up people! Make sense of things before you speak on it! Maybe you feel the way you do because you were raised by someone that made it out to be Nasty, or Rude! Doesn't mean thats a fact. Doesn't make that assumption right, and sure doesn't make my views wrong. Maybe if we changed our views on nudity, it would change the way man treats his woman, or women. Maybe it wouldn't be such a big deal to a guy when a woman walks down the street with a revealing dress on. Maybe if Women showed more skin around the house, he wouldn't be on those websites you say you hate.

One Last thought. If Nudity is wrong, maybe every baby born should be deemed, illegal, prohibited, off limits,disapproved, and put in infant jail for public nudity. Now if that sounds crazy or stupid, then maybe you need to reassess your premise take on the matter. I JUST SAYING........;)

LIVE, LOVE & DIE

I don't think it wrong, as long as it is with some modity. I am 53 with one daughter now 27. While she was young, I had no choice while changing or bathing to have her occupied in the same room so I always had an eye on her. I am not the type to dress provocatively in public nor did I encourage my daughter either. We don't parade naked around the house, but also don't cover up if we were to enter each others rooms while dressing. Lately I've had some health issues and have need assistance from her, and neither do us feel uncomfortable with nudity. I feel people who are uncomfortable with private nudity have sexual issues and confuse nudity with sexuality. Now, public nudity is another issue, and that not my thing.

It doesnt really make any difference it only starts to change when the child or parent starts to feel uncomfortable when seeing they're parents naked so its all about the individual its not illegal or anything its just about when you think you should change it for the best

Well, if youre a nudist I guess its not but to be honest my mom still walks naked around the house( DDDDDD:) but im her daughter. I guess, it depends. I personallly gre up around my moms titters and belly flapping.Doesnt bother me but if my dad gos around naked I think itd be a problem.To be honest I can bc when that baby grows up and wont be nearly as adorable.Plus we're taught that.

• Just part of growing up. Children become aware of our bodies and theirs.

p.s. I don't think nudity should be seen as disgusting. I would never tell my son to cover up because his body was disgusting. How awful! It is POLITE to cover our bodies with clothing and ILLEGAL to be nude outside of the home.

Because some people like to associate nudity with sexuality.

• bubs

I think it has to do with comfort, when the child starts to become uncomfortable with parents nudity it's time to stop.

Nah I show my kid my junk all the time and he's fine.

Well, I'm sure it has nothing to do with saggy old man scrotum. No one wants to see their dads sack.

Id say its wrong and you should stop by age 4. i can remember everything as far back as that and i wouldnt want to remember my mother naked