Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and the Yahoo Answers website is now in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Pregnancy & ParentingBaby Names · 10 years ago

names for baby girl or baby boy?

I just found out that i'm pregnant! I'm so excited. My husband and I have tried for 5 years and we finally conceive naturally :-)

heres are the names that I like for a boy and a girl. I'm in love with the name Arissa and Cara :-)

Cara mean Beloved in Italian, and Friend in Gaelic

Arissa mean most excellent in Greek.

Arissa Sofia - most excellent, widsom

Arissa Cara - most excellent, beloved

Cara Madeline - beloved, From Magdala

Cara Madelynn - beloved, From Magdala

gosh or it could be Arissa Madeline or Cara Sofia.

For the boy names, it has to be in Arabic cuz my husband is Lebanese. I do not want a traditional arabic names. I perfer names that sound like English. I would like to have a middle name that is English or European since i'm German :-)

Gamil

Idris Anthony - prophet of Islam

here are the names that I dislike : Nancy, Michelle, Lily, Annie, Amy, Eve, Emma, Brittany, Tracey, Stacy, Farrah, Diane, Shayla, Tina, Lisa, Mona, Catherine, Phillip, Aiden, Jaden, Jamal, Faris, Bilal, Jalal, mohammed, Dalal, Justin, Chris, or anything that end with "La."

Update:

No ashley, or sebastian, or Carter. Gosh I'm German why in the world would i want to name my kid Carter?! EWW

guys, just pick which names you like. You can add names that goes well with Arissa or Cara or Idris :-)

Update 2:

i want names that has good meaning. Because naming your child could result their future. Gosh no Laura!

Update 3:

i want names that has good meaning. Because naming your child could result their future. Gosh no Laura!

7 Answers

Relevance
  • M
    Lv 4
    10 years ago
    Favorite Answer

Aww, i'm so happy for you! Such a blessing. My aunt is about to have her baby this month sometime...it goes by so fast.

Arissa Sofia- Beautiful!! Flows very nice

Arissa Cara- Not a fan...doesn't flow very well

I am not a huge fan of the name Cara, it's just very plane so make sure to spice it up with a longer middle name. I do like Cara Madelyn

I lovee Cara Sofia and Arissa Madeline too! You have a choice to make.

For a boy, those name are not really my favorite but I like that it will follow a culture!

Good Luck!

• ~ A ~
    Lv 7
    10 years ago

Cara Madeline is absolutely adorable. I love the meaning of Cara.

Idris Anthony is lovely too.

~ {A} ~

• 10 years ago

I really like Arissa Madelyn :)

• Hope
    Lv 6
    10 years ago

I really love Cara Madeline, it's gorgeous!

Some Arabic Boys names that you might like are:

-Aaron

-Aden

-Cairo

-Caleb

-Jamaine

-Jericho

-Kaden/Kaeden

-Kale

-Kayden

-Tarek

xx

• 10 years ago

Gianluca gianfilippo filippo tiziana francesco salvatore pietro sabrina laura cristina erica fiona bridget shannon luke luciano luca allesandro brandon john govanni diego massimo maximillion. Ryan carly debbie

Source(s): Me and the people I know
  • 10 years ago

I like for boys: Damian, Sebastian or David

and for girls: Laura or Zoey

• 10 years ago

Here are some cute girl names: Carter (works for boys and girls) camille, ashley, alessandra, alexandra, marissa, Emily, abigail, mckenna, savannah...

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.