how do i connect my, samsung LED smart TV, HD comcast cable box, and denon avr-3806 receiver?

I tried running the HDMI from the comcast cable box to the HDMI in on denon receiver, then HDMI monitor out to HDMI in back or LED smart TV, and my TV just says looking for signal. I know all work because I had my denon receiver hooked up to my old DLP TV via A/V cord. Please help!!!!

Best Answer

If this is the first time you're using the HDMI inputs on your receiver, you may have to program them. Unless the inputs are labeled HDMI 1,2,3 or however many there are, and you've already selected the correct input on your receiver. That is the first thing that comes to mind. I have an Onkyo receiver that has 3 HDMI inputs. The only input selections on the receiver's front were things like DVD/Satellite/AV and stuff like that. I set HDMI 1 to be DVD player, and HDMI 2 to be Satellite.

I want to buy a smart tv, and put it across the room without dragging the cord across the room, can you do this with a smart tv or do I still have to use the cable cord?

the best way to do this is, hdmi from cable box to tv, optical cable from cable box to receiver.

You need the help of a Geek Squad :-)

It gets complicated.