So why is it that so many of you Americans are pissed off at Obama?

I'm Canadian so I'm not involved in or accustomed to in the Dem vs Rep histrionics (i.e. - I'm not slavishly aligned either way and I'm uncomfortable with the type of dialog that goes on) but I'm curious, very curious, how he went from darling to scapegoat so quickly and why. Please, if you... show more I'm Canadian so I'm not involved in or accustomed to in the Dem vs Rep histrionics (i.e. - I'm not slavishly aligned either way and I'm uncomfortable with the type of dialog that goes on) but I'm curious, very curious, how he went from darling to scapegoat so quickly and why.

Please, if you can, leave party based ideology and partisan rhetoric out of it and just say how Obama as an individual has messed up. What should he have done differently? Some specific examples would help me understand. (if it is possible to)
Update: OK, the economy is bad, why is this Obama's fault?
Update 2: What did he specifically do (or not do) to bring about the collapse of the American economy? From my perspective it was in bad shape when he took office. (that doesn't mean that he didn't make it worse - I just don't know - these are actual questions in the sense that I don't have an answer in... show more What did he specifically do (or not do) to bring about the collapse of the American economy? From my perspective it was in bad shape when he took office. (that doesn't mean that he didn't make it worse - I just don't know - these are actual questions in the sense that I don't have an answer in mind already)
Update 3: americanmalearlington (or anyone else who cares to answer) what exactly is it that he does or says that is 'un-american'? I thought American values were freedom and equality (i.e. as long as you obey the law you can say or think or do whatever you want - that's what leads to creativity and that... show more americanmalearlington (or anyone else who cares to answer) what exactly is it that he does or says that is 'un-american'? I thought American values were freedom and equality (i.e. as long as you obey the law you can say or think or do whatever you want - that's what leads to creativity and that creativity is what leads to economic activity - that's been the history of USA's great wealth). So again, how is wanting to change 'un-american'? What specific policies does he have that are 'un-american'?