Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Cars & TransportationOther - Cars & Transportation · 9 years ago

What foreing automotive companies manufacture Police Interceptors or Police Patrol Vehicles?

I own my own security company and I am currently looking to replace some of my older Ford PPVs. Ford is a great company, but I am looking for something a bit more reliable- so I guess my question is does Toyota or any other foreign manufactures offer Police Interceptors or Police Patrol Vehicles?

Any suggesttions would be appreciated. (Keep in mind these vehicles would be for a security company so I don't need a BMW, Mercedes, or Lamborghini.)

Favorite Answer

There is a security company near my house that patrols over some dirt and gravel roads, and they chose the Toyota Highlander for their main vehicle. The largest highlander engine actually puts out a fair amount of HP, its a fairly good vehicle for multipurpose use, but I don't think it would have the handling capabilities of a Crown Vic, just being so much higher than a squad car. However unless I am mistaken, they just bought a bunch of highlanders and got a local customization shop to outfit them with the amenities they required, I don't think they came that way from the factory.

• ?

The hummer isn't a police vehicle nevertheless in some districts they'd have one or 2. those automobiles are very high priced to function and look after. maximum US police automobiles are the Chevrolet Impala or the Ford Crown victoria or possibly the avert Charger. whilst it comprises gleaning what existence is like here hollywood isn't an extremely solid place to look. sort of like me thinking monty python or 007 is the norm for the united kingdom. nicely see ya previous boy gotta sprint.

Australia is putting out some high power vehicles. In fact the pontiac g6 and gto were actually the australian cars. They're also putting out a v8 Impala for the next cop car. It will have a chevy badge but its a real wheel drive australian. Holden is the name I think.

I know some European police departments use Volvo... if that helps?