what is "le miserable"?

I don't even know if I have spelt it right but it is a production I am doing with my drama group and I have no idea what it is can someone please explain in detail.

Favorite Answer

Les Misérables is French for The Miserable Ones.

Les Misérables contains many plots, but the main thread is the story of ex-convict, Jean Valjean (known by his prison number, 24601), who becomes a force for good in the world, but cannot escape his dark past. The novel is divided into five volumes, each volume divided into books, and subdivided into chapters (for a total of three hundred sixty-five chapters). Each chapter is relatively short, usually no longer than a few pages. Nevertheless, the novel as a whole is quite lengthy by modern standards, exceeding fourteen hundred pages in unabridged editions (nineteen hundred pages in French). It also contains what has many times, incorrectly, been considered the longest sentence in a published novel. Within the borders of the novel's story, Victor Hugo (author) fills many pages with his thoughts on religion, politics, and society, including several lengthy digressions, one being a discussion on enclosed religious orders, one on the construction of the Paris sewers, another being on argot, and most famously, his retelling of the Battle of Waterloo.

That was from Wikipedia. I've never seen the show live, but I've seen clips of it and heard some of the show's songs, and it's fantastic! ;-)

Les Miserables is a very famous french musical that translates literally to "the miserables" it is about the french revolution, with a couple storylines, mainly the story of a convict Jean Valjean. There are also subplots like a romance between cosette and marius even though eponine loves marius. Most people end up dying.

• Cogito

Do you mean 'Les Miserables'?

It's the most famous musical in the world!

It's pronounced 'Lay Mis-raabl' and it's French. It means 'The Unfortunate Ones'.

It's an adaptation of the book by Victor Hugo, a very famous French author.

To get a summary of the plot, Google it.

les miserables is a musical by Claude-Michel Schönberg. It is in France in the 19th century. If I were you I would search the internet for info because there is a lot of summerys and videos. The musicial is very famous so you can watch it on youtube if you want to.

It's the longest running stage musical on both sides of the Atlantic. It tells the story of a minor thief caught up in the French revolution and is set in Paris.

It was originally a book written by the French author Victor Hugo. (He also wrote Hunchback of Notre Dame) Its about an uprising of working poor French. Its been made into plays /movies.

le poy.. eto poy poy.. pepepepeppepepe POOOOYYYY