Larry Walker,

Bernie Williams,

Tony Womack,

Eric Young.

11 Answers

Relevance
  • 9 years ago
    Favorite Answer

Barry Larkin will receive the necessary votes this January to gain entry into the HOF.

Edgar Martinez - It will be very interesting to see if he gets substantial votes this year as primarily a DH for his career.

Jack Morris deserves to be elected but I don't think he'll get the 75% needed.

Don Mattingly deserves to be in the HOF but he will have to wait for the "Golden Era Committee" to elect him.

Tim Raines should have been elected by now. I don't understand why he's not.

Alan Trammell IS a HOFer as far as I'm concerned. It's too bad that the BBWAA doesn't get it.

Lee Smith belongs in the HOF as well

The rest of the list consists of very good players or those involved in steroid use either directly or indirectly.

• 9 years ago

In my opinion, Jeff Bagwell, Barry Lakrkin, Edgar Martinez, Fred McGriff, Dale Murphy, Tim Raines, Lee Smith.

Possibly Alan Trammell depending on his career as a manager, same goes for Don Mattingly.

Bernie Williams, Vinny Castilla, Juan Gonzalez, Ruben Sierra, and Tim Salmon are also possibilities

• 9 years ago

Bagwell, Larkin, Edgar Martinez, McGriff, Raines, Trammell, Walker.

I could be persuaded to put in Mattingly or Murphy, and would include McGwire and Palmeiro if I felt like including PED users. Not quite sure.

• 9 years ago

Jeff Bagwell, Barry Larkin, Mark McGwire, Jack Morris, Rafael Palmeiro, Tim Raines, and Alan Trammell.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 9 years ago

Jeff Bagwell

Barry Larkin

Don Mattingly

Fred McGriff

Jack Morris,

Larry Walker

• Anonymous
    4 years ago

Santo -Yes Hernandez -- Maybe Gil Hodges should also be considered. 8-time All Star 3 Gold gloves -- including the first ever rewarded 2nd most home runs in the 1950's (First was Duke Snider; 3rd Eddie Mathews) An RBI machine -- over 100 ten times in a row Holds the record for sacrifice flies in a season (19 in 1954) Was 11th in all-time homers when he retired (has more career homers than Yogi Berra) Led the Mets to a world championship in 1969 Revolutionized play at First Base -- made it a mobile position Read: The Quiet Man by Marino Amouroso There is a whole lot more.

• 9 years ago

Jeff Bagwell

Barry Larkin

Don Mattingly

Fred McGriff

Jack Morris

Dale Murphy

Tim Raines

Lee Smith

Alan Trammell

Bernie Williams

• 9 years ago

From that list, a bunch of players belong there. And I can make their case.

Jeff Bagwell-Played during the heart of the steroid era, but was always clean. Had terrific power and contact numbers. Shouldn't be penalized because of the era he played in.

1994 NL MVP

1991 NL ROY

4x All Star

79.9 WAR

2,314 hits

449 Homers

1,517 runs

1,529 RBIs

1,401 walks

488 doubles

.297 BA

.408 OBP

.540 SLG

Those seem like Hall of fame numbers to me.

Barry Larkin-Great leader for the Cincinnati Reds during the 80s, 90s and 00s. Was always consistent, never gave the media problems, and also won a World Series.

12x All Star

2,340 hits

441 doubles

.295 BA

1995 NL MVP

3x Gold Glove Award Winner

9x Silver Slugger

Edgar Martinez-He may be overshadowed because of his position, DH. He did all of this while starting his full time career pretty late at Age 27.

7x All Star

5x Silver Slugger

.312 BA

309 homers

514 doubles

2,247 hits

Fred McGriff-Also overshadowed by other players because of his career during the steroid era. But a great first baseman who hit for great power, consistent contact and drove in a lot of runs.

5x All Star

3x Silver Slugger

2,490 hits

441 doubles

493 homers

.284 BA

.509 SLG

Jack Morris-This guy should've been in a long time ago. The pitcher who had the most wins in the 1980s, ERA may be high considering that he pitched in the notorious hitter friendly Tiger Stadium for most of his career.

254 wins

2,478 K's

5x All Star

1991 WS MVP

20+ wins 3x

Tim Raines-Another forgotten player beneath the shadow of Rickey Henderson. They were pretty identical players, but Rickey played slightly longer and more full seasons.

7x All Star

1,571 runs

2,605 hits

430 doubles

808 stolen bases

1,330 walks

.294 BA

Larry Walker-Played most of his career in the notorious hitter friendly Coors field. But he shouldn't be penalized for that, because in order to play baseball, you still have to be able to use your skills to play well.

5x All Star

7x Gold Glove Award Winner

1997 NL MVP

2,160 hits

471 doubles

383 homers

.313 BA

.400 OBP

.565 SLG

That's my list and hopefully this helps!

• 9 years ago

I can only go with Barry Larkin and Dale Murphy.

• 9 years ago

None of them. But some cases can be made....btw you copied this from another source, the question has been asked before.

Where's the name of Craig Biggio?

Bagwelll....449 HR's, his career was cut short by injury, but he has steroid links.

Lee Smith...he was totally dominant on smaller market clubs or non contenders.

Mc Griff..he has the numbers, but lacked overall impact.

EDIT: Larkin is legit...he will get in.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.