Will a bank cash a US Savings bond with a passport as ID if I do not hold an account there?

TD Bank

4 Answers

Relevance
  • 9 years ago
    Favorite Answer

TD policy is that they will cash up to $1000 in savings bonds if you do not have a TD bank account as a courtesy. If your bonds are worth more than that you can always open an account and then get them all cashed out or go to several banks and cash out $1000 in each one. And a passport is a valid ID, the only other thing you will need to know is your address and social security number

Source(s): I work at TD
  • Anonymous
    5 years ago

RE:

Will a bank cash a US Savings bond with a passport as ID if I do not hold an account there?

TD Bank

Source(s): bank cash savings bond passport id hold account there: https://trimurl.im/i80/will-a-bank-cash-a-us-savin...
  • Steve2
    Lv 5
    9 years ago

If it is a US Passport in a US bank for a US Savings Bond, why not? That is a government issued ID with more security than a driver's license. Even illegals can get drivers licenses here in some places, so they should respect a US Passport as an ID more than a license.

• Anonymous
    5 years ago

Without fights,arguments etc,there will be no strong bond between you and the person you care.Also,you will not understand him/her.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.