? asked in HealthDiet & Fitness · 9 years ago

about to give up on losing weight, i'm not getting results, what else can i do?

i lose motivation easily and just get depressed because i don't see results as soon as id like to -_- for example i'll eat and exercise extremely well for 3 days...by the 4th day i give in and binge because i think "i haven't lost weight anyways". I can never stay on track for more than 5 days, thats my record. please give me advice, I'm getting depressed about it, legit.

• Paul
    Favorite Answer

Nobody likes what I have to say but I'm going to say it anyway:

Losing weight is EASY! Keeping it off is hard!

Most people are very overweight because they lose weight too quickly with some stupid fashion mags supposedly celeb diet, gain their weight goal and start eating normally and end up heavier than they were when they started losing weight.

The only way to lose weight and keep it off is with sensible lifestyle choices that involve BOTH healthy eating (not faddy diets) and exercise. Make small life-style changes that you are prepared to keep for the rest of your life, like decide to walk upstairs in the office instead of using the lift, or at train stations/shopping malls use the stairs instead of the escalators etc. If you drive park a little way from work / shopping and walk a bit further, don't use the car to go to the local corner shop. Cook your own meals at home instead of ordering take-away. Change high fat high salt butter for healthier margarine, change your pasta for wholewheat pasta, change some chocolates (not all) for fresh fruit, these little changes. When you feel these are too easy and you want to do more - don't. Live for quite a while with the small changes when you've incorporated these small changes and they have truly become part of your habits then make other small changes. Over the YEARS this will add up to a large PERMANENT lifestyle change.

If you want to lose weight in the next month or so - you'll end up doing something unsustainable and ultimately end up heavier than you are now.

Madeline, you have to change your mind set. Instead of losing weight, you have to life a healthy life. If you do, you will automatically lose weight.

Many people do not want to do that, but I believe you can, Madeline.

You already know that you need to eat healthier, drink lots of water and exercise.

It is healthy to lose one pound a week, too much weight loss is unhealthy. Now one pound might not seem like much, but it will put a smile on your face when you put on pants and you notice that your pants start sagging.

You could take one day of the week to eat whatever fatty foods you want. I do, every Sunday I just eat whatever I want, but during the week I am watchful of what I eat.

And if you mess up one day and go on an eating bench, who cares. Just pick up where you left of and eat healthy the next days.

I also have days where I say forget it and start eating whatever (especially Thanksgiving). I feel bad afterwards, but I use that as motivation to do better the days after that.

For more tips check out: http://www.weightlossanswer.net/ecourse1/

seriously 5 days is that it!!! ur not gonna see results that quick if you said 5 weeks id still be sayin not enough! there is no elevator to success u have to take the stairs! seriously dont eat twice a day thats out right stupid u need to be eating 4 times a day minimum preferably 5 or 6 to really boost your metabolism since your question is so extremely breif i cant answer your question to the full but if u really want something u can do it. if u give up after a couple of days maybee u dont want it bad enough depending on how much weight u have to loose it could take as long as 6 months to a year!!! on the other hand if u dont have to loose that much u could loose it in a month or 2 but not 5 days

are u serious!!!

Source(s): personal trainer

You're being insane and impatient. Weight loss doesn't happen that quickly, you just have to stick with it. Stick a fatty picture on the fridge - I found this did it for me :P

eat only 2 times a day and when you eat, eat very less... do push ups. and dance. i got results by only doing these things at home in 2 months... a lot of people say i am thinner

eat breakfast there have been so many studies done that show that people who eat breakfast lose more weight

Go to a councillor, join an anonymous group, get a sponsor

sugarless chewing gum can suppress your appetite in a pinch

HI IM A WELLNESS COACH I CAN HELP YOU OUT.

EMAIL ME FOR QUESTIONS.. THANKS MIZZBRAVO@GMAIL.COM