Best way to gain larger muscles around upper chest, pecs, and shoulders?

I'm 133 pounds and about 5' 9". Can anyone tell me if this is too skinny in their opinion? I'm going to try to gain muscle in my upper body mainly but how is the best way to go about it?

6 Answers

Relevance
  • 8 years ago
    Favorite Answer

You're not doing bad or anything but you definitely want to put on muscle. Whether for the strength, to impress the ladies, to look good, or just so other guys can't crap on you for being skinny, that's up to you. As for how, isn't it obvious? Workout. Either hit the weights or begin with bodyweight exercises and then hit the weights. Bench pressing works out the chest and triceps, and does some on your front shoulders as well.

• Login to reply the answers
  • 4 years ago

Source(s): Build Huge Muscle Quickly - http://BuildMuscle.oruty.com/?Bark
  • 8 years ago

The best chest-builder is the bench press but to target the upper chest you need to do the

Incline Bench Press, Incline Dumbbell Press, Incline Dumbbell Flies but if you cant do the Incline then do the Reverse-Grip Bench Press which has been proven to target the upper chest more than the Incline. You can also do Decline Push-ups.

Your pecs are your chest so just do the Bench Press and Flies and Push-Ups.

The man above me was right, the bench press also includes some help from the shoulders but it isnt the best exercise for it. You should do the Shoulder Press, the Military Press, Front Shoulder Raise, and Lateral Shoulder Raise.

Also have a high protein diet, pack on calories.

Source(s): Me.
  • 8 years ago

Yeah, your way too skinny.

If I were you, I would start eating more meat and protein.

Anyway, the most effective way to tone your upper body with chest, pecs, and shoulders would be to bench press.

Start low; you'll become a lot stronger as you proceed over the years.

Good luck.

Source(s): 5' 10", body builder.
  • How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 8 years ago

Heavy Compound Lifts like Deadlifts, Bench Press , Squats, and Rows. it also depends on if your an ectomorph(hardgainer) , mesomorph (me) or endomorph (lucky suns of guns). haha put it all in a weekly schedule inncluding rest days. but Incline Bench Press works that upper chest/delts/triceps.

Source(s): confidence
  • 8 years ago

I would say just eat more, get your protein, and maybe join a sport. I joined track this year and believe me, they definitely make you gain muscle by the end of the season.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.