promotion image of download ymail app
Promoted
Anonymous

What is a good bachelors degree to go for if you're not interested in these subjects?

STEM(Science,Technology,Engineering,Medical)or math,Architecture,Nursing(Medical again)?I've considered education and possibly marketing(I can deal with basic math in terms of money but dislike accounting)

Update:

Even though I can do it, Im not really into desk jobs too much if that helps.

3 Answers

Relevance
  • 8 years ago
    Favorite Answer

How many desk jobs have you actually had? What kinds of non-desk jobs would interest you? Are you outdoorsy? Could you lead or organize nature treks, fishing trips, hunting excursions? Are you willing to work in the hospitality industry or aboard a cruise ship as a croupier, in restaurant or hotel management, or as a convention organizer? Are you willing to work in sales for an auto dealer, sports equipment manufacturer, radio or TV station, packaging manufacturer, etc.? (Your aversion to anything technology-related eliminates some high-paying sales opportunities.) A major in business or marketing makes you more employable than a degree in sociology or psychology, but it may also require more work.

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • ?
    Lv 6
    8 years ago

If you really don't want a desk job you should seriously consider learning a trade instead.

Still want a Bachelor, consider:

HRM, marketing, management, education, logistics, languages, criminal justice, sociology, anthropology, social work.

You have ruled out those Bachelor degrees that don't lead to desk jobs.

• 8 years ago

Why do you seek a Bachelor's degree at all?

Sounds like you would be much more successful as an artisan. Start an apprenticeship in some decent trade.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.