Getting a kindle fire for xmas, what other accessories should I get to go with it?

I'm getting a kindle for for christmas and I was wondering what other stuff I should get to go with it and any other info if you have one (i don't know much about it, ive just played with them before). Right now I'm ordering a case/stand thingy for it that protects the screen when its in a purse and a little screen protector sheet thingy. Are there any cords or anything I will need to connect it to my computer I should know about before I get it or any other little accessories I'm missing?

darn it sorry, posted in the wrong section twice as yahoo doesnt want to let me choose the electronics category

Favorite Answer

Hi, b b, yes answering again - you do need screen protector as Kindle Fire's screen is not laminated (like on Nook Tablet) thus extra expense on Fire. Also, other issues are that Prime movies can't be downloaded, only streamed, making them impossible to watch without Wi-Fi on Kindle Fire. Also, on Fire when the Silk internet browser is pointed at the Android market, it reverts to the Amazon market with much more limited content. Touchscreen is being reported as having a sluggish response. Slower and jerkier than expected web browsing thus no benefit from Silk browser. Power button is badly placed, leading to accidental turning off of the device (a lot of complains about this one).

All pro reviewers on the web clearly voiced that Nook Tablet is a much better device with superior performance compared to Kindle Fire. Nook Tablet has been getting rave reviews and it is the best device in it's class. It's got Netflix, Hulu, Pandora, Angry Brids, etc., the best battery life, the best screen, double the RAM and space for apps/photos/movies, microSD slot and a microphone for Skype (not on kindle), physical volume controls on the side (not on Kindle), very smooth video playback with excellent screen, and very fast apps load.