ALGEBRA HELP please and thank you.?

Create a set and call it A. Next, create a subset of A and call it B. Draw a Venn diagram to illustrate your two sets. You may use Paint, Word, Power Point, or draw by hand and scan. Finally, find B′. To receive full credit for this problem, you must:

• Clearly state A.

• Clearly state B.

• Cleary state B′.

• Submit a copy of your Venn diagram

i understand you cant show me the venn diagram but can you possibly explain to me how to do this?

Best Answer

For the purposes of a Venn diagram, your sets are signified as circles. So to represent A, draw a circle and label it "A". If B, also a set represented by a circle, is a subset of A, then there can't be any part of B hanging outside of A. I assume by B' you mean B's complement. Presumably your entire universe consists of only A, so that means the parts of A that are not contained within B. To learn more about these, try a search for key words: "venn diagram", subset, and complement. I did, and this one came up that might be helpful: http://www.purplemath.com/modules/venndiag3.htm

If you need more help, please clarify where you are in the process and what's giving you trouble. I'd be more than happy to continue to assist.