Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and beginning April 20th, 2021 (Eastern Time) the Yahoo Answers website will be in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

? asked in SportsCricket · 9 years ago

Sachin or Chris Martin - The better batsmen?

Martin, obviously.

Update:

EDIT Yeah lol that one was spectacular. When Martin is at the crease you don't hog the strike.

Update 2:

I have found a Chris Martin Masterclass: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4_NsFh-Z4aE

17 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    9 years ago
    Favorite Answer

I love Chris Martin

He makes Glen McGrath look like Don Bradman.

Mind you, he makes Don Bradman look like Don Bradman, and I mean the currently dead Don Bradman is a better batsman, even though he is dead, then Chris Martin.

Actually, even the other Chris Martin, the lead singer for Coldplay, is a better batsman then the cricketer Chris Martin.

• 9 years ago

Sachin Martin

• 9 years ago

Go Tom!! I see he scored a blistering innings of 1 in the recent test match. I loved the commentary on Cricinfo where Brownlie scampered back for 2 runs and the commentator came out with "He's hogging the strike, what a nerve!! He'll ruin the Phantoms fluency"

Yeah, that masterclass was done by Bill and Ben, the Pulp Sport guys. They're all class, look up more of their stuff if you want a good laugh. Here's on where they combine cricket and Rugby to form "crugby" http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zarc4czxHXY&feature...

• 9 years ago

Don't put Chris Martin in the same category as that no-hoper Sachin. He's my batting hero.

@Neil, Crugby looks like a Trans-Tasman challenge, mate!

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    9 years ago

Martin can't ball tamper, lie or play for glory points,so he's got a lot to learn from Sachin,the master of all those things.

• jobees
    Lv 6
    9 years ago

I saw the youtube of Christ Martin learn to batting like him and had a laugh.

His heading for a record

Chris Martin LOL

• ?
    Lv 6
    9 years ago

At least Martin is out there having a go, not sitting in his palace with his feet up because he needs a rest.

• 9 years ago

lol,this should bring some testy answers! I have heard so many Chris Martin jokes this last few days from radio & TV commentators.At the moment he is probably neck & neck with Sachin who,when he bothers to grace the team with his presence,does very little to justify his selection.

• ?
    Lv 4
    9 years ago

mmmm.....very easyto compare sachin is better. different bitween sachin and Chris is 50 ( in average ). also difference between Don Bradman and Sachin is also 50.

• Sachin obviously, 1st man to reach 200 in the ODI'S, most runs in the world cup history, 1st man to reach 15,000 Test runs, got the most centuries {99, going to get 100 centuries}, 3rd highest scorere of all time {T20,{IPL}, ODI, TEST} need 197 runs to become the top, 69 to become the 2nd top!

Who is better now? SACHIN!

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.