Guys: would you consider your gf to be a bee-yotch for doing this?

My gf has been seeing this guy for a couple of months now. When he was sick with a bad cold about two weeks ago, she drove out to see him (they live 40 minutes apart) and she spent the evening taking care of him (e.g., making him chicken noodle soup, rubbing his neck and shoulders, etc.).

This past weekend, her bf decided to go sledding with his buddies. For three whole days she heard absolutely nothing from him, even though they had been in daily contact since they started dating. He finally got around to texting her yesterday on his way home and he told her that he was going to stop by the hospital in her town because he had dislocated his shoulder. When she asked him what had happened, he told her that she needed to come and wait with him at the hospital in order to find out. Knowing that her bf is a big fan of taking stupid risks on his sled, she told him that she wasn't going to come and sit at the hospital with him and his friends if he had injured himself while being irresponsible. He still refused to tell her how it happened, so she stated that she needed to get to bed early (which she did, as she had a 07:00 meeting this morning) and that she would not be going to the hospital to sit with him.

In my opinion she made the right call, as her bf - who couldn't be bothered to at least send her a text or two while he was out gallivanting with his buddies - seemed to simply be looking for sympathy from her now that his weekend of reckless fun was over. My gf felt that she had made the correct decision as well...well, at least she did last night. However, now that she's out of her meeting this morning, she's freaking out about how she should have gone to the hospital to see him....

What do you think? Was she out of line for refusing to go coddle her bf when he knowingly put himself at risk (nevermind the fact that he pretty much seemed to have forgotten she existed while he was away)? It's not that she's an unsympathetic person; after all, she did go and take care of him when he was sick (even though she up quite late and had to work early the next a.m.)...

ADD: I think her bf is a total douche (for reasons that go WELL BEYOND this one little incident), so I am assuming that my perception of the situation is biased...which is why I'm asking for other people's opinions.

• roger
    Best Answer

your girl friend sounds sweet, what a shame she found yet another ups man . (useless pile of s hit) to take advantage of her kindness and heart. She did the right thing TCB or taking care of business first. And then seeing if A hole stupid antics got him hurt and the fact he was chasing women for THREE WHOLE DAYS, says it all, since he did not bother to call or to see how she was says he is a pure dick. dump him if she has a brain in her head.

I think that if the girlfriend feels guilty enough to write a long question and in it she's trying to make her point as to why she didn't go to be by her boyfriend's side... then maybe she knows that maybe, just maybe, she should've been there for him no matter how idiotic her boyfriend was.

Guilt is a big thing... and you don't have such a feeling unless you know there was more that you could've done.

• Erika

I don't forget intercourse to be very major b/c it might rationale disorders within the courting. U are not able to spend the leisure of ur lifestyles having dangerous intercourse cuz it's going to simply rationale u to cheat and nobody wishes that. Just make shrewd selections rationale it is the leisure of ur lifestyles.

I don't really like to form opinions on things that don't concern me...... of course she's probably one of your friends, so the situation impacts you, but I am a person who mostly likely will never meet any of you in real life.