Ok. What happens next. Car crashed?

I was shopping and went to leave the parking lot. Another vehicle was backing up. He hit my rear back fender causing his trailer hitch ball to dig into my fender, lodging under the fender and we were stuck. I called 911 for the report. The police told me to get 3 quotes for damages. Now. since I have never done... show more I was shopping and went to leave the parking lot. Another vehicle was backing up. He hit my rear back fender causing his trailer hitch ball to dig into my fender, lodging under the fender and we were stuck. I called 911 for the report. The police told me to get 3 quotes for damages. Now. since I have never done this, what is my next move after I get the 3 quotes. I never been involved in a bump up/crash... nothing. So I need some guidance. What do I do? I have to take off work to get this done? I have personal days left to take, but I really hate to do this when I dont have but 2 days left in this year that I was planning to use at Christmas. Now I have to do this and its not even my fault. Will these other people at least get a rental for me to use while waiting for my car to be fixed. I just did not need this now.

Suggestions or ideas?
2 answers 2