Radical out of the denominator help. ?

If I have a fraction with 2x^2-2xsqrt(2)+2 in the denominator. The numerator is 1. How do I get the square root out of the denominator?

2 Answers

  • 9 years ago
    Favorite Answer

    1 / (2x^2 - 2xsqrt(2) + 2)

  • Anonymous
    9 years ago

    multiply the numerator and denominator by sqrt(2) so you end up with sqrt2 in the numerator. Since sqrt2 times sqrt2 is 2, you can just plug 2 in where sqrt2 was and simplify.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.