MICH/ACH/PASGT resistance?

Okay, so heres the thing. I want to buy a MICH for Christmas. I like my PASGT, but I'd like to know their limits. How waterproof, fireproof, rustproof, heatproof, and whatever other proof you can think of are they? What can't I do? Thanks in advance guys.

• Wraeth
    Favorite Answer

Well the MICH and the ACH are essentially the same thing. As they are composite kevlar/aramid fiber, they are waterproof, fire resistant, heat does not affect them, and they are plastic so clearly they can't rust. I'm surprised that out of all your requirements you didn't ask about bullet and shrapnell resistant. The ACH is rated to withstand a .357 pistol round at close range.

Source(s): US Army Scout

MICH is smaller, but more durable in all appreciable metrics. That said, really depends what you're getting thrown at you. The reduction in size was meant to handle the Comm suite and improve situational awareness, but if you're in an environment where lots of shrapnel is getting thrown around, the few millimeters difference can matter. If not, well worth the investment.

The MICH and ACH are more or less identical.

Whereas I'm not sure of the others however, I can tell you bullet resistance: all three are roughly NIJ Level IIIA, able to protect against pistol rounds up to and including .357, but not against larger pistol rounds and most rifle rounds.