H.264 encoder with CLEAR options for specifying minimum & maximum video bitrate?

I almost never get stuck with things like this and kinda figure things out... but I'm at a loss here. I've used Handbrake, X-Media Recode, and lots of other encoders and they're great.. but they just don't have clearly defined options for maximum and minimum bitrate control in VBR. That, or I... show more I almost never get stuck with things like this and kinda figure things out... but I'm at a loss here.

I've used Handbrake, X-Media Recode, and lots of other encoders and they're great.. but they just don't have clearly defined options for maximum and minimum bitrate control in VBR. That, or I just can't find the options. Is there a GUI I could use for this? Or is it only possible through command-line in x264 core? I've only been able to work with constant bitrate so far.

Any help would be appreciated.
Update: Extra info: Ok, I have THESE options for variable bitrate-

VBV buffer size
VBV maximum bitrate
VBV initial buffer
Bitrate variance

The only one I understand is the max bitrate option..
1 answer 1