canon EOS rebel T3 or Nikon D3000?
I am looking to get an entry level DSLR. I have always had canon point and shoot cameras, and they have been great quality for the price. Obviously the photo quality was not nearly as good as a DSLR, but they served their purpose and were a good value. However, the nikon D3000 has good reviews too, and I have never tried a nikon camera, so they may be good too. Both are about the same price on amazon with a 18-55mm lens. Does anyone have any experience with these two cameras and have a preference?
- 8 years agoFavorite Answer
The Canon EOS Rebel T3 is newer than the Nikon D3000 and it has more Megepixels plus more features (ex: 12 MP versus 10). In terms of price, Amazon has the Canon at a price lower than the Nikon D3000 at the moment with Free Shipping.
To help you out, I have provided the specs below along with the links to Amazon:
Canon EOS Rebel T3:
- 12.2 MP CMOS sensor and DIGIC 4 Image Processor for high image quality and speed.
- Auto Focus; Dual-layer metering sensor with 73 zones; Basic+ function; Creative Auto mode; In-camera Feature Guide.
- Enhanced metering with a 63-zone, Dual-layer metering system for accurate metering between exposures.
- High speed, reliable 9-point AF system utilizing a high precision, f/5.6 cross-type center point; ISO 100 - 6400 for shooting from bright to dim light.
- USB 2.0 terminal; HDMI mini out terminal: NTSC/PAL selectable; SD/SDHC/SDXC memory card slot (card not included); Compatible with full line of Canon EF and EF-S lenses; (NOTE: includes all manufacturer's supplied accessories packaged in the original kit box except for the lens).
- 10.2-megapixel DX-format imaging sensor for prints up to 20 x 30 inches.
- Includes 3x 18-55mm Zoom-Nikkor VR Image Stabilization lens.
- Nikon EXPEED image processing; in-camera image editing and Active D-Lighting.
- 3.0-inch color LCD screen; 170-degree wide-angle viewing.
- Capture images to SD/SDHC memory cards (not included)
I hope this helps.
Good luck on your final choice!
- TaylorLv 78 years ago
The D3000 has been replaced by the D3100. The T3 is newer than the D3000 and has slightly better image quality than the D3000. But the D3100 has better image quality than the Rebel. Go to your local camera shop, try the Rebel and D3000 out and get whichever one is easier to hold and use. And if you do get the Rebel, don't bother buying the 75-300 - they're junk.
- BarbaraLv 44 years ago
Buy either of these: Canon XS aka Canon 1000D Canon T3 aka Canon 1100D (yet to be launched) Nikon D3100
- Eric LenLv 68 years ago
You haven't tried a DSLR yet, so just because you tried Canon compact camera it doesn't mean their DSLRs will be good as well, or that Nikon's one are bad.
Both brands are great ;)
T3 is actually 2 years newer and came out this April. D3000 used to compete with XS, and has no video, no live view, more noise. T3 is definitely the best!
Here's a DSLR Buying Guide - http://www.the-dslr-photographer.com/2009/11/which...
Here's a Canon DSLR Price Watch - http://www.the-dslr-photographer.com/dslr-prices-l...