The Canon EOS Rebel T3 is newer than the Nikon D3000 and it has more Megepixels plus more features (ex: 12 MP versus 10). In terms of price, Amazon has the Canon at a price lower than the Nikon D3000 at the moment with Free Shipping.
To help you out, I have provided the specs below along with the links to Amazon:
Canon EOS Rebel T3:
- 12.2 MP CMOS sensor and DIGIC 4 Image Processor for high image quality and speed.
- Auto Focus; Dual-layer metering sensor with 73 zones; Basic+ function; Creative Auto mode; In-camera Feature Guide.
- Enhanced metering with a 63-zone, Dual-layer metering system for accurate metering between exposures.
- High speed, reliable 9-point AF system utilizing a high precision, f/5.6 cross-type center point; ISO 100 - 6400 for shooting from bright to dim light.
- USB 2.0 terminal; HDMI mini out terminal: NTSC/PAL selectable; SD/SDHC/SDXC memory card slot (card not included); Compatible with full line of Canon EF and EF-S lenses; (NOTE: includes all manufacturer's supplied accessories packaged in the original kit box except for the lens).
Link - http://amzn.to/Nikon-D3000-10MP
- 10.2-megapixel DX-format imaging sensor for prints up to 20 x 30 inches.
- Includes 3x 18-55mm Zoom-Nikkor VR Image Stabilization lens.
- Nikon EXPEED image processing; in-camera image editing and Active D-Lighting.
- 3.0-inch color LCD screen; 170-degree wide-angle viewing.
- Capture images to SD/SDHC memory cards (not included)
I hope this helps.
Good luck on your final choice!