Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureReligion & Spirituality · 8 years ago

Im 16 how i tell my family i want to convert to islam?

All my life I been around Muslim .when I was little all my neighbors were Muslim and I hang out with a Muslim girl .but I didt know what Islam was at that time and so I move and went to a new school and became friends with alot of Muslim women and men.im always around Muslim . I don't know why .but i started to learn about Islam .and all i see is beauty .and it amazing how fast I'm started to believe in Islam .i love Islam and i dont know how to tell my Christian family .i dont think my mom well go crazy because I think she see it coming but my mom boyfriend well go crazy

And I know they would tell my whole family and I just scared what they are going to think of me .i want to a Muslim and I can't wait

Best Answer

Look, once you said the Shahada, you are Muslim. But I think you have to declare that in front of people. You can go to the closest Islamic center and their you can declare your conversion especially you have many Muslims around you.

Regarding your family, you need to expect such a thing. Ask Allah to ease it for you and he will help you.

Congratulation Elise and Good luck

Source(s): Muslim
  • tagboy

Most people chose what to believe or not to believe. Most people don't look close enough to any religion to fully understand what each one stands for. Religions are man made and each one dictates their own policy. I have studied many main stream religions and 4 things stand out money, power, control and we are right and everyone else is wrong. First is as they say one god if that is true then how do you have thousands of different religions with so many different views. Isn't logical. What does make sense is this world is money driven along with ideology Democrats try and take care of the middle class. Republicans are paid for by rich and big business Religions are money driven combined take is in the billions each year all tax free and can do what they want. Religions now are big business, gangs drugs, prostitution are money driven. on and on Middle America has been screwed for the better part of the last 40 years and keep voting for the same people that in the end is cutting their throats.

I just scared what they are going to think of me Religions are handed down from generation to generation and for the most part they just go along with whatever is told them. For being the information age how can so many be not only fooled but misled Like one person said people not only buried logic but common sense. They are not anymore right then you are. There are thousands upon thousands of religious denominations and they all say they are right and someone else is wrong.That is a total impossible thought

• Wendy

Im sooo happy for you brother!! Only if you really really feel that it is right for you. If so, then welcome to the most misunderstood and most beautiful religion in the world. InshAllah it will be easier for you. I have many convert friends who were in similar situation as you and I will tell you some of them had alot of difficulty, but the end result is more than worth it. I think the best thing for you to do is talk about religion in general and say youve been doing some research and Islam interests you and youve been studying for a while..and then a few days, weeks, (or whatever you prefer) later, tell them you are considering it and you are positive about your choice. Stand strong and be honest. Ultimately no one can tell you what to believe. I pray inshAllah your parents will accept it and it wont be too hard for you. Remember this, If you strive for Allah, nothing can go wrong. If you have any more questions my brother, email me. Salaam Alaykum and Ramadan Mubarak

• Don R

You could explain to them by burning an American flag, shouting "Death to America." You could also strap a fake bomb to your stomach and flash it during dinner. You could tell them that you learned that all the Bible was corrupted and Jesus never died on the cross. You could go on a two hour rant about "the Jew" and how their little nation ruins it for Palestinians and all the Muslim nations they are surrounded by. You could ask them for flight lessons and about getting one-way flight tickets for you and your friends. If you are a female, you can begin to wear a burqua and tell them you believe it's wrong for you to hold your boyfriend's hand, drive a car, or lead in any occupation. There are many ways for you to tell them you are Muslim. You could just buy an elaborate rug and pray on it half a dozen times, facing the dumb black rock in the Ka'aba of Mecca. You could put a crescant moon on the roof of your house to show your homage to the moongod Allah. The possibilities are endless! You could even ask them for a sword for your birthday and begin explaining to them the virtues of beheading the infidels. I don't see how you could go wrong....hey, at least you will fit in with your friends or environment....you can begin your indoctrination of the dogma now while you're young. Then you'll be prime to act on it when you're grown. Good luck friend =)

Hi Elise

Faith is a personal concept. You really don't have to tell anyone.

Also, during the teenage years it is very usual to try other experiences.

I agree, there are many beautiful beliefs in Islam that are often culturally determined.

Be true to your faith. You really don't have to tell others.

I hope this helps. Good luck and best wishes.

• meifi

That's cool I hung around Christians all my life. Does that make me want to follow Christianity? Hell no.

Rewinding - I'm a moron? I beg to differ, at least I'm not the one worshiping a false sky god. I have a brain and I can think for myself. Why follow a false, few hundred year old religion? Manmade at that.

You say, "I want to become a Muslim," and then you prepare for all of the obvious questions they are going to have like:

Why?

Have you already converted?

Are you willing to talk to the Pastor/Priest before converting?

etc.

I wish you the best.

I wouldn't just convert to Islam unless you have learned and studied it thoroughly and understand it.

Just tell your parents and also tell them why and give them reasons and wit to why you want to convert to Islam.

for the first, convert silently. and try practice and learn hidingly. you need a time to tell them.

anyway it is very easy to become a muslim. you jut say a sahadah, that's all.

If you want to go dumb don't broadcast it just do it! It only happens in your mind any way!