why do people choose to display confederate flags?

Only one thing comes to mind when I see that flag; racism, NOT southern pride. Is this the intention of owner? Are most people displaying those flags open to interracial dating or have fulfilling relationships with African Americans?

It ******* urks the hell out of me whenever I see that flag and I can't understand why our country even allows the use of such paraphernalia.

Favorite Answer

Sounds to me like you're the intolerant person. You're hatin' on a group of people that you know absolutely nothing about yet you're accusing them of doing that.

The Civil War was fought for things other than just slavery. Get caught up on your history and then rethink your post.

And to think that someone's right to fly a flag should be made illegal shows that you have absolutely no idea about the principles that this country was founded upon.

what really bothers me about that is that up here in the suburban north-east, there are people with confederate flags, and most of these people have no connection to the south at all. Theyre from the north east, their parents were, etc. and most of these people's ancestors werent in this country during the civil war either. That really bothers me, but I think it's less of a big deal down south, most people display it down south for southern pride, not for the intention of racism, but I understand how you feel, but there should not be a law against it, that goes against everything our country believes in.

Poison Hearts Will Never Change has it right, my son-in-law has a rebel flag on wall of the master bedroom and an American flag on another wall facing it. He says, because his mother says, it doesn't stand for bigotry, it stands for states rights! Seeing it urks the h*ll out of me too and because of it I hate going to my own daughter's house.

Showing Southern pride. I live in Georgia so I see it a lot. You're making such a big deal out of it. Chill out, it's just a flag. Just because theyre displaying it doesn't necessarily mean they're racist.

Their pride in themselves, as in trying to prove they're Something by getting under your skin. The same as the preachers who condemn people with AIDs and threaten to burn a Quran.

Without some symbol of being something, some way to force themselves on others, they're left miserable because deep down they know they're nothing.

Yes, most of them are probably races, regardless of what excuse they give. But they have freedom of Speech too, so you're just going to have to suck it up.

Good Q, considering the confederacy was formed to ensure the survival of slavery, it seems very un-American to me.

if you find a confederate flag offensive you need a history lesson.

You have to make a rap about Kanye west eating a taco, ask yourself why penguins fly, and then all of life's secrets will be revealed.

• Same thing with the swastika.

It actually means peace but the f*cking nazi screwed the definition of it.

Now everyone thinks anyone who wears the swastika is a horrible person.