Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and the Yahoo Answers website is now in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

Help with fragrances perfumes? ?

Can someone please help me understanding perfume things like what's it is and which is better when it says eau de toilette and eau de parfum and pour homme, and any other ones? Thanks xxx

Favorite Answer

Eau de parfum is stronger than eau de toilette. Usually companies put out a lighter version of their perfume (I personally like those better generally, and I'd recommend them for younger girls or women in their teens/early 20's).

Pour l'homme means it's a men's cologne, and pour les femmes (if they even put that ever) means for women.

I hope this helps!

Source(s): Canadian, took french legit all through school haha

Eau de toilette is french for perfume as well as eau de parfum. Pour Homme means ' for man' in french. So that would be men's fragrance.