Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Family & RelationshipsFriends · 8 years ago

why does my mom make me feel worthless?

this is only an example of what i go through on a daily basis ok so im 21 years old and i am currently living with my mom while im trying to get myself my own place but where i live is very expensive to rent and jobs are very hard to come by and i only work part time while trying to find a second job and like i said not easy but im trying so back to the question my mom makes me feel worthless she constantly puts me down calling me all kinds of names such as goof,piece of ****,loser the list endlessly goes on she says stuff like im a loser will never amount to anything etc etc i can literally go on all day with what she says to me and when i confront her and say how she makes me feel she basically ignores me and what i have to say and says to me that i don't know what im talking about and i tell her i wouldn't say it if it was not true then all she does after that is insult me or get everyone else in my family mad at me when i have literally done nothing wrong but tell her how i feel and she will do this by making false claims about me to anyone about thing that are not even true another thing she does is she will treat my sisters with respect and everything else a mother should but treats me like sh*t and makes me feel like sh*t when i try so hard to please her and its never good enough she will just look for anything to insult me or put me down and she will tell me to not scream and yell at her when im not even raising my voice even in the slightest bit and shes just yelling at me over nothing i really sometimes feel jumping in front of a fast moving car to end it all what should i do ?

4 Answers

Relevance
  • 8 years ago

Firstly, STOP trying to prove yourself to her or anyone. Once you try to please you set yourself up for failure because people are NEVER please or happy, especially she if she is always critical of you! You have to learn to say, "F--- you, I'm me :)" in your own little way, trying to prove yourself or make her proud etc will only let you down.

Secondly, you sounds like a pretty intelligent person, always remember who you are and stay true to yourself. Be around people who love and support you, get out of the house and get hobby so you won't have to see her.

Thirdly, my mother came to America at 16 years old and she didn't even have a place to live, money or speak the language. You have to stand up, known that you are strong and a women and move yourself to a situation where you can be happy. If you can't find a job and it's hard to pay the rent where you live, move. It sounds harsh but you are committing emotional suicide by staying in that house :( I am 19, I was miserable and I moved into my own apartment and left the city I was in and I believe in you stranger, you can move on, move up, build yourself into a stable happy person and maybe later try and reconstruct a relationship.

• 8 years ago

My family hates me too, they make me feel like sh*t. The way I figure it, one of these days I'll either kill myself or move away, far away.

• Anonymous
    8 years ago

i think your mom has some problem that she is not telling u, just go to her and talk about it once..after that also she is like that then do not think about it.!

• Anonymous
    8 years ago

ya some mothers use stupid methods to encourage you to prove her wrong

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.