Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Food & DrinkBeer, Wine & Spirits · 8 years ago

got drunk off listerine no judging please?

I remember one time when i was 18 i was drunk and i got kicked out of this apartment so i left and as downtown so i met up with these hobos and they were drinking listerine, so i drank Listerine with them. next thing i know i woke up on a train platform with two cops waking me up and they asked me where i was and i had no clue... they let me go and told me to go home. i made it home safely that night and my dad was telling me he went to check on me on the couch and he said he couldn't even hear me breathing and touched my face and said i was so cold he thought i was dead, he shook me and i remember waking up going WHAT!?

I just want to know whats in listerine and why i had that reaction, it was the brown kind. i thought it was just like alcohol but obviously tasted nasty. whats in listerine of why i had that reaction? all i want is a chemical name and not to be told how dumb and obvious it is. cause i didnt even drink that much but i blacked out almost immedently after drinking it

There really is brown listerine sold in stores. its the kind hobos drink

If the events are as you described, have your friends submit notarized testimony that you did not drink at all that night. It will be better if they appear with you in court as witnesses. Listerine does contain alcohol, but that small amount should not have registered a 0.20 on the breathalyzer. This is the first time I have ever heard of a breathalyzer giving an incorrect reading, but I guess there is always a first time. Not knowing what you were signing is no excuse, as you are old enough to read. The extra tests you requested cost money to do, and with the reading of 0.20, the police may have felt that extra tests were not necessary. Did you blow exactly as you were instructed? That is the only thing I can think of that might produce a false reading.

• Tinana

The reason you had that reaction is because listerine isn't meant o get you drunk. Not sure what the chemicals are in there, but menthols a big one. Strong liquors (vodka, gin etc) are 40% liquors. Listerine has at least a 70% alcohol content. So even though you didn't drink that much, it is so potent it messes you up. Hope this helps

Listerine is speed

Listerine contains alcohol. Same with NyQuil that's why it makes you sleepy

The alcohol in mouthwashes is generally denatured with something else so it can't be safely drunk. One type is called SD Alcohol 40.

all I know is that listerine contains alcohol. did you say it was brown? because that's weird... or maybe it contained some drugs from the hobos or something... silly to drink it if you don't know what's in it though

• hi

There is no brown listerine, bud. Must've drank something else.

At least you were not by yourself....

wow, Listerine..... how can I not judge.... i mean.... and i thought my friend had a problem... he drinks alone.. at least is is not with hygiene products...

so you drink with hobos.... i drink with sailors...

Theres a reason it says on the label...if swallowed contact poison control.

brown listerine doesnt exit ?....does it...im sure it doesnt