Windows Blue Screen Error?

Moments ago I received a blue screen error followed by a crash. The error was stated as "Memory maintenance" related error. The PC then rebooted without incident but I am still concerned about my laptop. Just before the crash I attempted to load WoW. I'm sure it was related to that program but do not wish to uninstall it. Can anyone tell me how to determine if this error is program related and whether or not I should be concerned about my RAM? I am on an older laptop but not ancient,just not top of the line.

HP dv6.

RAM 4gb

HD 250gb

Processor: AMD Turion Dual core (2.2ghz)

OS: Win7 Home Premium 64-bit

This is my first ever error or blue screen or crash for this laptop.

I am running Kaspersky and have for the life of this laptop.

There is nothing unusual in my registry.

WoW has also been on the laptop since the day I purchased it about 3 years ago. Iv'e not had any issues with the application that affected the PC in all of that time.

I appreciate any knowledgeable responses.

Best Answer

BSOD (Blue Screen Of Death) is a memor related issue, but not necissarily RAM. Odds are you exceeded your pagefile size and Windows just took a crap on you. You should get a tool like Glary Utilities from www.downloads.com - it's a free tool to clean up registry, temp files and broken shortcuts, all kinds of junk that can cause stuff like that.

Also running a disk clean up, disk check and defrag will do you justice. If you don't know how to get to them all just open up Computer and rightclick on C:\ then pick properties. On the first screen you'll see a button that says Disk Cleanup, click that mofo and make sure all of the boxes are checked in the clean up window then delete all of those crappy files. Back in the C:\ Properties window click on the Tools tab and the disk check will need both boxes checkd but Windows will tell you it can't run it - just click the schedule it button and then restart your machine. Once it's comming back up you'll see it go into a disk check and it could take a while, just let that bad mofo run and once Windows comes back up go back into the Properties for C:\, click on the Tools tab again and run the defrag on it.

After all of that is done you should be golden hombre.

Blue reveal blunders is frequently through defective RAM. Unplug your RAM sticks, clean with dry brush/textile, additionally clean the RAM slots and re-plug the RAM sticks. Restart your computer, nevertheless in case you face comparable undertaking, have an information of a sturdy hardware seller !

reinstall the window.

Source(s): experience