Can a 16 year old work on a construction job?

I think it would be interesting to work construction as a first job, versus working at some lame, depressing McDonalds...

Ive never really put much thought into working construction until going down to my great grandmas house in Middle-of-nowhere, Kansas, for thanksgiving, and talking to my cousin whos a year younger than me. He told me he got a job doing construction for a couple weeks and made almost 3,000$, and hes only 15. Maybe its the fact that he lives in a rural area that they allow younger kids to work projects like that, because the poeple down there all know eachother pretty well.

But i wanna know if i could get a job like that at 16 years old. Another thing is, i live in the city, so construction is mainly done by professionals, so i dont know if there would be any opportunities for me.

Im mixed with some mexican, not full blown though ;) im mexican enough.

Favorite Answer

They can, like put you as a helper,but as far as working heavy machinery or anything that requires being 18,have id,training,all that jazz no.

Construction Jobs For 16 Year Olds

This Site Might Help You.

RE:

Ive never really put much thought into working construction until going down to my great grandmas house in Middle-of-nowhere, Kansas, for thanksgiving, and talking to my...

Source(s): 16 year work construction job: https://shortly.im/BA9Hs

Sure why not... I would rather prefer to work on construction rather than getting a mc-job, BUT:

At the age of 16 the epiphysis and diaphysis of many of your bones are still not fused, and given the usually large amount of physical stress required for construction I wouldn't recommend a 16 years old to work on it without first a medical check up and a GP approval.

Source(s): Medical point of view.

For the best answers, search on this site https://shorturl.im/av1zc

Construction is a dangerous site for minors, You have to check your state laws, because in other State, there is a limit where a minor can work. Children are not allowed to work in any hazardous site, or allowed to work in dangerous jobs. Good luck to you Alecs

• Fay

legally you can't do jobs that are harmful including construction when you're under 18...when i mean legally i mean in case you need a workers permit from your school...you can do whatever you want and get paid cash or check to the order of Cash..but if you want them as your employer for a steady job, which the employer will require a workers permit then no you can not do it..

They can since 16 is the legal age to work in most states. But because of insurance reasons, no.

I can't believe there is a 16 year old that wants to get off his butt..

Amen

No you have to be 18 to work most heavy machinery.

18 dude