Is it OK to hook up with my best friend's ex-gf?

We had been friends for a while but he was a compulsive liar. He'd say we were best friends. We wrote songs together and were good friend I GUESS. Then he ditched me. Stopped picking up my calls and responding to texts (this is after he'd always flake on me). He wouldn't respond to e-mails when I'd... show more We had been friends for a while but he was a compulsive liar. He'd say we were best friends. We wrote songs together and were good friend I GUESS. Then he ditched me. Stopped picking up my calls and responding to texts (this is after he'd always flake on me). He wouldn't respond to e-mails when I'd send him new songs I made (which were good frikkin' songs and deserved some recognition). Then he came back a month later and I accepted. Then 3 months later... on my birthday, he stopped responding to me again, and I haven't spoken to him in 2 months. I think he just has low self esteem. Anyways, he had a hot gf I would never hook up with cuz we were friends, but since he ditched me twice, I think I kinda have the right. If he doesn't want to be friends, then we're practically strangers, which I think breaks the bond and gives me the right to hook up with his ex.
11 answers 11