Will Mark Ingram be the type of player he was at Bama?

Mark Ingram has had some decent games, and I know its hard with the style of offense the saints run for him to have a break out game, but will he ever be the runner he was his Heisman year at Alabama?

4 Answers

Relevance
  • 9 years ago
    Favorite Answer

He will be a 1000 yard back in this system. It may be a year or two, but he is going to be used in the mold Deuce McAllister was in 2006. As confidence in him grows, he will be the feature back, and Sproles will continue to play the Reggie Bush role, 10-12 offensive touches a game, and try and get Ingram 15-20. I would be surprised if Pierre Thomas is back next year, I would think the feature Ingram, Sproles, and either use Ivory or sign a young back to be the third option.

However, as they proved last year, when they were using a seventh string running back in the playoffs, you can never have too many backs.

• 9 years ago

If he switches to an offense that's more run based than the Saints' he could be. Right now, he's being held back by Sean Payton's offense that is based on screens and Drew Brees. He's had a few good games this season, but even Payton himself has admitted Ingram's been held down by his offensive style.

• Anonymous
    9 years ago

It depends on Mark Ingram's work ethic, especially with his eating and exercise habits, during every offseason. If Ingram eats healthy, and exercises by doing a lot of running every day, he will greatly improve his chances of becoming a successful NFL running back in the future, as well as the type of player he was during his Heisman season in 2009, at Alabama.

• 9 years ago

he is small and slow i dont see him doing much.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.