Captain Clutch asked in SportsHockey · 9 years ago

Fantasy hockey trade involving Keith, Thomas, and draft picks? BQ How will the Caps do under Hunter?

Hey there, in a 14-team H2H league with skater stats of G, A, +/-, PIM, PPP, SOG and Goalie stats of W, GAA, SV%, SHO. I've been offered Duncan Keith, Tim Thomas, 16th round pick for a 1st round pick in next year's draft. (I may throw in Dimitry Kulikov and Ryan Wilson since I'd drop them anyways) He wants to rebuild, I'm tied for 1st right now and have Crosby on my team. There are 2 C, 2 LW, 2 RW, 4 D, 2 G, 4 BN positions so total 16 players.

I want to accept but I'm unsure if I should because I don't even know if this is a keeper league or not. How can I tell? On the Keeper Player Section status, it says "all-season" but there have been no assigned keeper. I think it means that all players go back in the pool next year so accepting this trade means I wouldn't have a top 10 player next year.

I've also been offered Mike Green, Patrick Marleau, 4th round pick for a 1st(I may throw in Kulikov and Wilson). I'm considering it as well but am unsure about Green's health as he was injury plagued last year too. Which offer is better? Keep in mind the team in 2nd place has already said he would trade a 1st for Thomas and Keith, he's giving me first preference though. Should I do either of the trades? If so, which offer is better? I have Niemi, Kiprusoff, Enroth but don't trust Kipper to get wins or Enroth once Miller gets back so if I get Thomas, I may trade away either to get a D or package with Zack Parise to get a LW and D.

BQ: How will the Caps do now that Dale Hunter is coaching? I see them making the playoffs and winning a playoff round but after that I'm unsure. They looked really good at the beginning of the year though.

• Favorite Answer

I wouldn't take it. You'd lose a valuable pick for Keith,Thomas.dont do it

BQ:They'll make the playoffs but won't win the series.

I don't think this will happen because I don't think any team with the #1 overall pick, except St. Louis, that would pass up Andrew Luck for half a team's starters. Maybe Luck is a bit overrated, but those who say he's a risk aren't studying Andrew Luck and the college to NFL transition enough. I'd be beyond surprised if Luck were a bust, and probably look for hidden injuries or poor offensive coordinating as a causation. He's the biggest can't-miss prospect since Adrian Peterson. If Denver could get someone to take them up on this trade I definitely think they'd go for it. Most bottom dwellers would readily sell half their roster for Andrew Luck. In the NFL world you need a great quarterback to ensure perennial success, an elite quarterback is practically a free ticket into the playoffs. Andrew Luck is simply the best quarterback prospect since Peyton Manning and so many teams are desperate for such a player to rebuild their franchise around.

• Is that a video game?