Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Food & DrinkVegetarian & Vegan · 8 years ago

non-spicy vegetarian tofu recipes?

Looking for some tofu recipes with simple ingredients that I could find in a local supermarket, and if there using British measurements that'd be great. :)

Favorite Answer

Marinate it in vegetable oil, with a tiny touch of sesame oil, soy sauce, garlic, sugar and white pepper. You don't need salt as saltiness comes from the soy sauce. Use proportions that FEEL right to you-you don't need measurements! However, you do need to use more oil than you think. I know you said non-spicy, but a tiny bit of white pepper does improve the taste, and isn't spicy if you don't use too much.

Fry the whole lot-it should only take a few minutes. At the end, mix in some snipped green of spring onion, dried chives or snipped fresh chives. If you want to use the thicker, white part of the spring onion, you need to fry this with the other ingredients. Serve it with white rice to soak up all the flavours.

• peque

You can find the tofu cheesecake recipe on internet. What I do is look 2 or 3 different options and do my own. Is easy, condensed milk, eggs, tofu and Vanilla....

Taste like real cheesecake.

Take care

Try marinading it with soy sauce and orange sauce, then baking it as you would crisps. It gives it a nice, smoky, tangy flavor rather than overpoweringly spicy. ;)

Source(s): I've been a vegetarian for 2 years. :)

you can google that and get a bunch of recipes