What do you think of Detroit (outsider opinion)?

To someone who doesn't live in Detroit...

What do you think about the city?

Would you ever visit? why or why not?

What is one word to describe detroit?

Favorite Answer

Detroit is a city that can never be described in one word.

The suburbs and surrounding areas have some of the most beautiful real estate, classy, business people and doctors lawyers engineers and some of the worlds most educated people right over there. Google has had its first and current office in it. The big Three , located right in the heart of detroit. Beautiful downtown, Beautiful riverfront, beautiful comerica park, Very culturally diverse people, and ofcourse, great food is in Detroit. Just like any major city (Miami, New York, Los Angeles, Chicago), it has its' ghetto's and you would be really ignorant to base your stereotype of Detroit upon the ghetto's. There are some really dangerous parts of Detroit, but there is also that in every major city.

I think the city looks like a war bomb just went off, I don't like the city of Detroit.

I have visited it and the only reason I will in the future is because I have family that lives in the suburbs that's about it, other than going to Comerica when the White Sox play there.

One word to describe Detroit, dangerous.

@Majd K: And just what are people suppose to base their stereotype of Detroit on? About 95% of the city is a ghetto.

Its nice.... there's more stuff to do down their than were i currently stay

Its like a second home to me... of course i would visit... i visited Detroit last sunday... been going to Detroit ever since i can remember. Family reunions, women.

One word to describe Detroit?.. Hidden

• maria

It's one big dirty city and nasty