Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentGovernment · 9 years ago

How much money did Halliburton make from the gulf wars, and how much did Dick Cheney make from Halliburton?

Update:

Um, Timetravler, did you ever hear of "Conflict of interest"?

"Cheney retired from the company during the 2000 U.S. presidential election campaign with a severance package worth $36 million.[40] As of 2004, he had received $398,548 in deferred compensation from Halliburton while Vice President. Cheney was chairman and CEO of Halliburton Company from 1995 to 2000 and has received stock options from Halliburton"

Source: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Halliburton#Controver...

Update 2:

"In the run-up to the Iraq war, Halliburton was awarded a $7 billion contract for which 'unusually' only Halliburton was allowed to bid."

When the federal government awards a $7 Billion, effectively no-bid contract to a company which was run by the vice president JUST PRIOR to his taking office, for a war started under false pretenses,

IT IS MY BUSINESS! Essentially, Cheney pocketed MILLIONS of our tax dollars because of a war that HE RECOMMENDED!

Update 3:

Spider Boy, I would have hired....wait for it...big surprise ending coming...

-

-

-

-

-

-

-

-

-

-

--

-

I would have hired..........our troops!

3 Answers

Relevance
  • 9 years ago
    Favorite Answer

Ridiculous amounts of money. And to the two ignorant posters below - you have absolutely no idea what you're talking about. We didn't need to hire contractors to do what soldiers can easily do; it was simply Cheney taking care of his financial interests by getting Halliburton in the mix, plain and simple. Cheny made a very tidy sum of money - even if it was just indirectly (since he owns so much of their stock). Nope, no conflict of interest there at all....right??

Tell the rich to start paying their fair share of taxes, and stop raping the middle class.

• ?
    Lv 7
    9 years ago

First, you need to know that no company exists that does what Halliburton does, NONE. Now how much they made and what Chaney made is none of your business. You too can become successful if you get an education and work at it just like Halliburton and Chaney.

• ?
    Lv 6
    9 years ago

Lots of money. Who would you have hired to support our troops--Solyndra?

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.