can a car battery recharge itself?

my daughter left on a light in the car ...it still has some power ..will it recharge itself or must i paid for a jump

• rick
    Favorite Answer

No, it will not recharge itself. You either have to jump it off or charge it.

Yes it will recharge itself to a certain level, and that level may be just enough to start the car. When you turned off the light your daughter left on, the battery had already run down quite a bit. However, as soon as you turn that light off, ions started migrating back to the plates in your battery. If you do not try to start it for about one hour, there may be just enough of a charge to start the vehicle.

Here's the deal with daughters and cars because I raised two of them. You buy a set of jumper cables and put them in the car. There is always someone around who will jump a car for free. Teach her the negative/positive thing. Also spend about $60 for an annual membership in AAA. That membership will let her use her cell phone at any time any day any place to call and get an immediate wrecker response to jump the battery, start the car, change a tire, fill the gas tank, open a locked door or tow the car in - all for free. That way you get some peace of mind. They are going to drive you nuts anyway. But with AAA it will be a little less nuts. The AAA goes with her - not the car. So the same free services apply even if she is in a friends car.

if the car will start, take it to a gas station and have the battery recharged,

once the car is running it WILL recharge the battery. the problem is you don't know how much juice is still in the battery. have any neighbors who happen to own a battery charger?

i agree with caps answer that YES the battery will recharge SLIGHTLY while the car just sits. maybe just enough to start the car but charge a little YES.

i've had that happen at least a half a dozen times in my lifetime.

This Site Might Help You.

RE:

can a car battery recharge itself?

Source(s): car battery recharge itself: https://biturl.im/ZIzuW

Cars are designed to charge the battery as they are driven. If yours started then the battery wasn't discharged much from using the radio. With a good battery & a full charge you can run a radio several hours. NOT a blaster, that pulls a lot of power. just a normal radio. Why it died is probably unrelated to running the radio.

The only way the battery charges is when the alternator is spinning, besides that, you would need to jump the car, recharge the battery, or replace the battery.

For the best answers, search on this site https://shorturl.im/avWIt

Yes a battery can be charge while driving a car as long as the battery has no dead cells and your alternator is working fine. Hope this helps!

basically if the light is still glowing then there is power in the battery, so start the car as the engine runs the battery will be charged automatically as the engine runs

if the light is not glowing and when you turn the it doesn't start buy jump leads and call someone for help who has a car

1

Yes a car battery can recharge itself a bit. Yesterday my car died. I tried to boost it with my battery booster but it wouldn't. I think it was too cold and not enough power left in the charger. I came out two hours later. Tried the car and it started. Not sure why or how but sometimes they apparently can