promotion image of download ymail app
Promoted

What is the minimum and recommended PC/ Workstation specification for 3d rendering and other graphic related?

It can be either MAC or clone PC. Please recommend one. Thanks

4 Answers

Relevance
  • Adam
    Lv 5
    9 years ago
    Favorite Answer

Depends on the software and what you want to do with it. Playing around in google sketch up? Consumer systems can handle that load to a degree. Creating highly detailed textures and high-poly models that will use them and your time is valuble? You can throw $10,000 of hardware on top of the $10,000 in software you could be using and still find it not enough to work properly.

There is ISV certification for this market which is sort of minimum requirements agreed between system vendors and software makers so you know certain systems will work.

I would personally recommend you look at single processor workstations from the big box companies such as the Dell T3500 Precision and HP Z400 with at least a Quadro 2000 or FirePro V5900, an SSD budgeted in and fill the memory slots with 4GB DIMMs.

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • Anonymous
    9 years ago

Macs are at a disadvantage when it comes to 3D acceleration... unless you can find a compatible graphics card which can be a pain when it comes to finding the right drivers.

The minimum is just some run of the mill dual-core like a Pentium or Athlon 64 x2 and an older card like the 8600gt.

What's recommended

Core i7-2600k

8gb or better yet 16gb RAM

Nvidia GTX 570

• 9 years ago

What the hell is clone PC?

Minimum minimum is:

-Dual core at 2.5GHz<

-3GB RAM

-512MB GPU

Recommended:

-i7-2600

-NVIDIA Quadro/GTX 570/580

-8GB< RAM

Never Mac for 3D rendering. They don't have real GPUs!!!

• 4 years ago

Advanced 3D Animation Software - http://3dAnimationCartoons.com/?dkOc

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.