Drop out of high school?

I'm a sophomore in high school, 16 years old, and I really want to drop out. I'm not a bad kid or anything, it's not like I want to drop out to go and party all the time, I just feel like it's not for me. I miss a lot of days as it is, usually i'll get sick for a day, but end up missing a few... show more I'm a sophomore in high school, 16 years old, and I really want to drop out. I'm not a bad kid or anything, it's not like I want to drop out to go and party all the time, I just feel like it's not for me. I miss a lot of days as it is, usually i'll get sick for a day, but end up missing a few days after that just because I don't want to go back. I don't think it's that hard, it's just extremely boring. I've always gotten good grades when I was younger, but as I got into late middle school and high school, they started going downhill. I think I just got bored with teachers repeating the same thing over and over again, so I would stop listening, which I think affected my grades a little. Plus, I never do my homework. Sometimes i'll forget, but usually I know that I have it, I honestly just don't feel like doing it, which effects my grades a lot, even my teachers say that's the only thing wrong with my grades. I feel like school is just a waste of time. It's the same thing repeated over and over again, plus i'm not too fond of people in my school. I get made fun of a lot, mostly for my weight. I've always been an overweight girl, no matter what I try to do I can't loose any weight. Which makes me dread going to school, knowing that people are constantly judging me. I know a lot of people say "other people's opinions don't matter" and to not listen to anyone cause everyone's beautiful in their own way, which I think is true, but a lot of other people don't. After you constantly hear the same thing, people constantly making fun of you, it really gets to you. Plus, I really hate just sitting in a classroom for an hour straight, then getting 5 minutes to get to your next class and do the same thing, hearing the same concepts you have the days before. Along with the getting made fun of thing, I try my best to look decent so that I won't get fun of, which means waking up at 5 every morning. 5 o'clock, to get up and try to impress people I can't stand. So all in all, I pretty much hate everything about school.I don't want to sit in a hard, cold chair for 7 hours of my day, doing the same exact thing every day, getting made fun of every day, and the only thing I have to look forward to is for the day to end and for me to go home because i'm so tired. It's hell. So now that i've told you my life story, how do I tell my mom? I know for a fact that she'll freak out, she's all about school, but I just can't do it any more, and I don't know how to tell her. She's pretty open minded I think. Like she let me get all the piercings and tattoos and every thing I've wanted, but I've had to ask her a million times before she gave in. I'm only saying that because I know that a lot of parents wouldn't let their kids do that on that age. She's probably the best mom I could ask for, but I don't know how to tell her this. I don't want her to think she's raised me wrong, or that i'm a bad child and ruining my life. If I do drop out of school, I plan to get my GED online and go to cosmetology school, and become a hairdresser. I've always loved doing hair, and I think i'm pretty good at it. IF I save up enough money, I know it'll be kind of rare if this happens, but I want to open my own hair salon. This is probably the longest thing I've ever written, but I thought I would have to explain everything to get a good opinion. All I need to know is how to tell my mom, and if this is a good idea.
4 answers 4