Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureReligion & Spirituality · 8 years ago

Do Jehovah's Witnesses ever speak of the wonderful things Jesus has done for them?

When I was among this camp, I never heard a word of our Lord Jesus, and His wonderful triumph over sin, and His victory over death...it was as though jesus was a long gone memory of an ancient crusader for truth, who was now only a shadow, a memory, a dim reflection of the Bible's past.

All Glory and conversations were of Jehovah! has done this, and with Jehovah's help! I am doing that!...and the songs were not about the Son of man, our Lord, but they were of Jehovah, King David, and other memorable Bible persons, but Jesus was not mentioned outside of the songs, or outside the "studies" as all of the conversation and glory went to the Father....when I spoke of the Son of God, I was viewed as a "weak Christian", for my "love of the Christ", when all my love should be directed towards His Father...now that Michael has materialized into the Warrior Jesus, He will ride the white horse at armageddon...yes, Michael, the warrior King.......my Jesus is now an angel...

How empty and dead seemed my Lord, as they packed his memory into their book bags, and prepared to share the new Watchtowers with the householders!...and how they would remind themselves that the worldly people still "worshiped" Jesus, so we needed to be respectful, and try to teach them a little at a time about God's Sovereignty, and how Jesus was a great teacher...

Why did Jesus become an angel to them. how did our Lord become of less importance than the edicts issuing from the mouth of the Faithful Slave, the Governing Body?

Where is Jesus, where is my Lord and His Righteousness?

Please speak of Jesus all of you...do you remember that He has ALL power in heaven, AND on the earth?

Why is his name not magnified? Where is the Glory for the Son?

Please, speak of Jesus and tell us all of your love for Him...Tell us all how you wish to follow and do as He does..

Jehovah's Witnesses, where is your Jesus?

Update:

I was a member there for many many years...we left to find the Holy Spirit as our teacher, and we found Christ Jesus, who loves us completely. as we love Him, and the Father who sent Him. Thank you for your loving and thoughtful reply.

Update 2:

Line Dancer...you are so kind, but as you tell us, "Jesus has been given all authority and power in the heavens, and the earth"?

Yet you are bound by the teachings of the Watchtower, that your "faithful and discreet slave", the Governing Body, has the complete authority over all of Jesus' subjects here on earth...they have placed themselves in the position of the Son, Jesus, because they alone are the self-appointed "anointed" of God, to be the mediators between God, and man.... The Scriptures at 2nd. Thessalonians very adeptly describe who the WTBTS is,...it is good reading, you should try it!

Update 3:

Also, the "Glory" that Jehovah's Witnesses do not give the Son, is why the Father is not happy with your leaders. Jesus is in complete power, and has been since His resurrection in 33 CE.

The Kingdom will return to the Father at the end of the 1000 years, but it is you, Jehovah's Witnesses, who have disregarded the Love from the Son, so this fact escapes your minds;

Jesus said "I am the Way, the Truth, and the Life"....your leaders have not led you in the ways of Jesus. They have led you in the ways of Charles Russel, Joseph Rutherford, false prophesies, and demon inspired teachings, such as the "dissolving, or atomizing of Jesus' body in the resurrection tomb.

For Jehovah's Witnesses to believe this lie, it takes a complete lack of faith in Jesus' words, "Touch me, it is me, myself, for you see I am not a spirit, for a spirit does not have flesh and bones as you see I have".

These verses will condemn all members of Jehovah's Witnesses, as they have disregarded the words of our Lor

Update 4:

Lord, in favor of the words of a man, Charles Taze Russel, your founder.

Jehovah's Witnesses are not able to Glorify the Son of God, because they have made Him into an angel, using scriptures that are indirectly attached, and used in a metaphorical sense.

All of the teachings of Jesus are lost to you, as you hold up the teachings of men, as superior to Jesus'.

You quote, and uphold ancient King David's words of "Hatred" of your enemies, rather than the word Of Jesus Christ, and the apostles, to love your enemies, and to do good to them.

This arrogance and haughty attitude associated with these false teachings, are for your undoing.

There is a "delusion" an "error" that God has allowed to settle over the camp of Rutherfordites, the Jehovah's Witnesses.....this is because you have refused the Love from Jesus Christ, in favor of a love for your "Governing Body" and their perceived power. These words are true, and reliable.

Update 5:

You can escape the false security you have with your god, only by accepting the love, and belief that it was Jesus Christ Himself, who was raised from that tomb. Until you do that, you are lost in your tower of deceit. There is only ONE name by which men can be saved....and that name is not Jehovah, it is Jesus Christ.......

8 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    8 years ago
    Best Answer

JW's do attempt to follow some of Jesus's teachings some of the time.

However, Jehovah's Witnesses (JW's) also predicted the end of the world, IN WRITING, numerous times. Not once did they come true. They are known for their False Predictions the world over.

JW's are taught that they alone are TRUE Christians and that all other people not JW will soon be destroyed. This is no exaggeration.

JW's will allow their own children TO DIE rather than accept a life saving blood transfusion even in severe medical emergencies. It has already happened THOUSANDS of times! (NOT SOMETHING JESUS WOULD APPROVE OF, READ MATTHEW CHAPTER 12)!

JW's used to forbid Vaccinations and Organ Transplants (calling a life saving transplant "Cannibalism") for a combined 33 years.

JW's enforce extreme shunning for any member that decides to leave their religion or who commits a sin without showing enough repentance in front of the elders.

Families have been devastated because of these harsh shunning policies. I have literally seen Parents cut off all ties with their children solely because the kid did not want to remain a JW but went in another direction.

Just a few things people need to know.

I was a JW (and elder) for 15 years before leaving because of their blood and fractions policy fours years ago. Today I am shunned by all JW's (including the stepson I raised for those 15 years) simply because I left the faith. Amazing but true.

Most JW individuals simply accept everything the Watchtower teaches and says. Just like I did.

Most believe God has chosen the Watchtower Society as his "channel", which provides food from God Himself to their religion and ONLY their religion.

But an honest look at the facts and history of the JW religion shows God has not chosen the Watchtower for anything!

To see with your own eyes GO HERE: http://home.tiscali.nl/t661020/wtcitaten/part1.htm

ALL FROM THEIR OWN LITERATURE WITH DATES AND PAGES TO SEE FOR YOURSELVES!!!

Pages and pages of mistakes, embarrassments, false predictions, medical disasters, weird science, doctrinal failures and more for over 100 years now.

Obviously "GOD" would not get things wrong like this. Obviously God did not provide bad food like that for their entire history.

But most JW's have no idea about these things. They are told to stay away from anything critical of their religion.

Which is why anybody thinking of becoming one should Examine Examine Examine.

The JW religion is NOT what they like say about themselves. There is NO PROOF ANYWHERE that supports God has been using the WT Society as JW's claim and believe.

For examaple: Was God's spirit with JW's when they said Organ Transplants was a "conscience matter" in 1961?

OR,

Was God"s spirit with WT when they THEN SAID Organ Transplants are same as "Cannibalism" in 1967and forbid them?

Or was God's spirit with the Watchtower Society when they THEN SAID Organ Transplants are NOT the same as cannibalism in 1980 and now allow them?

Was God behind all those changes each time?

Did (((GOD))) get all those things wrong each time?

Did God cause folks TO DIE by listening to the WT Society as the voice of God?

AND THIS IS JUST ONE THING!!!

We can do this same song and dance THOUSANDS OF TIMES.

That's how bad defending WT world has become. And a religion and actions Jesus would never approve of.

Just sharing the truth here.

Which is why I am no longer one despite heavy consequences for simply leaving the religion.

• Dear Galatians 5:1,

My answer to your question is an emphatic NO! At least none of my family members who are jws have ever spoken to me of what the LORD Jesus Christ has done for them. When I tell them of what He has done in my life they change the subject as quickly as possible and tell me what being in the "truth" has done for them.

One of my relatives left the jws 8 years ago and my mother will no longer even use my cousin's name simply because she stated that she was leaving after seeing the truth about the massive number of sexual abuse cases that the Organization swept under the rug.

For His glory,

JOYfilled - Romans 8:28

• 8 years ago

Jesus is our head as the head of Jesus is Jehovah!(1Corinthians11:3)3 But I want you to realize that the head of every man is Christ, and the head of the woman is man,[a] and the head of Christ is God.

Galatians5:

22 But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, forbearance, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, 23 gentleness and self-control. Against such things there is no law. 24 Those who belong to Christ Jesus have crucified the flesh with its passions and desires. 25 Since we live by the Spirit, let us keep in step with the Spirit. 26 Let us not become conceited, provoking and envying each other.

Source(s): The Bible
  • 8 years ago

They are wrong Jesus is the way the truth and the life none go to the father except by him. Anyone who does not believe in the Father, Son and Holy Spirit and the death and resurrection of Jesus on the third day and ask forgiveness of their sin and ask God into their lives will not enter in to heaven. God said it himself This my son in whom I am well pleased. He gave Jesus credit for what he did so why wouldn't we . Please don't get involved with these people .

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 8 years ago

You lying DOG apostate! Go away Satan!

All those who do not have this teaching, the very ones who did not get to know the ‘deep things of Satan,’ as they say: I am not putting upon you any other burden. Just the same, hold fast what you have until I come.” (Revelation 2:24, 25)

During the period of persecution that the early Christian congregation experienced at the hands of the Roman Empire, professed Christians were at times induced to deny their Christian discipleship, and those who did so were required to signify their apostasy by making an incense offering before some pagan god or by openly blaspheming the name of Christ. Lieing about Jehovah's witnesses love for our Jesus Christ is apostasy, when you know better than that.

• 8 years ago

Silly reasoning. While most professed Christians sit on their hands in church and pay some gabby preacher to do the preaching for them, JWs are the only one who obey Jesus' last command to "go and make disciples of all the nations [and] teach these new disciples to obey all the commands I have given you." (Matt. 28:19, 20)

1 John 5:3 says: "Loving God means keeping his commandments, and his commandments are not burdensome." This is how JWs prove their love for God.

While JWs strive to live their lives by the example Jesus set, their worship goes to Jesus' God and Father. As Jesus himself said to Mary: "I am ascending to my Father and your Father and to my God and your God." (John 20:17)

<<Please speak of Jesus all of you...do you remember that He has ALL power in heaven, AND on the earth?>>

JWs DO speak of Jesus. After all, he is our Savior. However, are you aware that God himself GAVE Jesus "all authority in heaven and on earth"? (Matt. 28:18) So, to whom goes the glory? To Jesus or to Almighty God, Jehovah, who is Jesus' head? (1 Cor. 11:3)

<<Also, the "Glory" that Jehovah's Witnesses do not give the Son, is why the Father is not happy with your leaders.>>

Oh, yeah? And who told you that?

<<Jesus is in complete power, and has been since His resurrection in 33 CE.>>

The Bible does NOT say that Jesus received "all authority" right after his resurretion. Instead, it says that Jesus had to wait for it. As Heb. 10:12, 13 says: "But our High Priest offered himself to God as a single sacrifice for sins, good for all time. Then he sat down in the place of honor at God’s right hand. There he waits until his enemies are humbled and made a footstool under his feet."

Sour grapes is the food of former disgruntled ex-JWs like you. Instead of focusing on the common remarks of disrespect against Jehovah and Jesus in this forum, as well as anti-Biblical sentiment in favor of such things as evolution and homosexuality, you, like other apostates before you, choose to attack your former brothers and sisters. Believe me, you are only hurting yourself.

• 8 years ago

If l told you once l told you a dozen times before. You CANNOT have Jesus since you turned your back on Jehovah. You turned to the darkside and you know it.

Jesus said " No man can come to me unless the Father, who sent me, draws him; and I will resurrect him in the last day."

(John 6:44)

You playing games fella.

• 8 years ago

Wow! You seem so unaware about JWs :-)

Every atleast 1 minute a JW around the world preaches about God's Kingdom in which Jesus is the chosen leader. Chapters in our book (bible teach) focuses on the ransom paid by Jesus' death and how we can show appreciation.

How about the observance of Memorial of Death of Christ? Jesus commanded us to observe this. Sadly people are more focused on pagan Xmas rather that the Memorial.

Our love for Jesus prompted us to follow his footsteps namely preach house to house. We love him not by words alone :-) So if Jesus set an example for us to preach house to house would you follow it? I am interested to know your answer :-)

The quick answer to your Q is YES. To deny this would be absurd and unintelligent since you do not know what every JWs discusses house to house, what topic is being discussed in our halls and what articles in our publications can be read. Many are about Jesus.

So you see, it is not just about what Jesus has done for us, but also what we are doing for Jesus :-)

People sometimes tend to be too emotional about what Christ has done for them in their lives that they forgot to know what we should "do" to give back to Jesus :-)

Our love for Jesus prompted us to follow his footsteps namely preach house to house. We love him not by words alone :-) So if Jesus set an example for us to preach house to house would you follow it? I am interested to know your answer :-)

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.