is it safe to yell at the customs officer in the vancouver airport?

i am going to amsterdam in a few weeks or something, not to sure when im leaving actually.... but im worried about how the converstation is going to go when they ask me what i plan to do in amsterdam, when everyone knows that in amsterdam you can smoke dope "criminally free". i dont want any hassle about why im going to amsterdam cus im going on a trip i have time off werk and smokin dope is something i would like to do cus i would like to experience the novelty of smoking a doobie in a coffee shop. but i dont want them to stare at me and make me feel bad about going to amsterdam, you know?

8 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    9 years ago
    Favorite Answer

If your going to Amsterdam I doubt you will meet a Vancouver customs officer.

However with your attitude it's quite possible you will be on a flight back to Vancouver much earlier than you planned. Then you can yell at the immigration officers.

• 9 years ago

In the first place, you are only questioned about your intentions by the _immigration_ officers in the destination country. I have never been asked on departure why I was going to some country. Since the immigration officers in the Netherlands will be quite familiar with the goings on in Amsterdam, I don't suppose they would be either surprised or concerned about it. You are not questioned by customs on departure from Vancouver. Perhaps the procedure is different in Canada, but it would be odd.

In the second place, why even mention your intention to use drugs? You can just as easily say that you are there to sight see and visit museums or some such thing.

In the third place, it is <<never>> a good idea to yell any any official, particularly one who has the power to forbid your entry into the country. I think that would be obvious.

• rae
    Lv 7
    9 years ago

hey buddy it is never ever wise to yell at a custom officer, they are the ones with the power, not you so you need to be polite and civil if you want to go or get into a country and follow their instructions etc.

apart from that you are not asked when you leave a country but can be asked the purpose of your visit on arrival in the country concerned although not always. all you need to say is something like to see and experience the country.

i have been to amsterdam and it is a wonderful place and not just for the drugs and if you are going for that reason you may be sadly disappointed and if it is your first time experiencing drugs of any sort you will need to be very very careful and could get into more trouble than you bargained for.

Source(s): roz
  • 9 years ago

"Safe"? It is certainly not civil., polite, sensible, courteous, etc. etc.

to yell at anyone, let alone someone in an official capacity.

Why would the customs officer in Vancouver even care why you are going to AMS?

Just tell them you are traveling for pleasure, and be done with it. You are making a very big deal out of nothing.

By the way, very soon, the Netherlands will be prohibiting non-citizens entry into the "coffee shops" so you might want to do little more research before you go all that way just to smoke some weed.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 9 years ago

No one is going to ask you what you plan to do in Amsterdam before your flight. It's when you return that they may ask a few questions and possibly search your belongings if you don't give the "right" answers.

As long as you don't have anything illegal in your possession, you can tell them you went there to smoke dope and there's nothing they can do about it. It's probably not the best answer though, just tell them you went to visit and see The Netherlands, a lot of people go there and don't smoke weed.

• Anonymous
    9 years ago

As long as you're following the laws of the country you're visiting, and not hurting anyone, it's no body's business what you do on your vacation. Just tell them you're going on vacation to get away from work, to relax, to enjoy the culture, etc. You don't need to get into the specifics with them, and it's probably best to avoid fighting with them... otherwise, you might have a bad trip (Haha... terrible pun)

• 9 years ago

You want to tell them what they want to hear...and that's take a vacation and see the tourist sites of Amsterdam.

If you want to yell at the customs officer in Vancouver (which you won't because you're GOING to AMS, not coming back), then you're better off in jail.

• Raj
    Lv 7
    9 years ago

It is not safe.You may land into trouble.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.