stepson crushing on me?

He is 15 and I am 27. He has been around occasionally and now he may be coming to live with us because his mom can't handle him. It's not his fault though because she is abusive and a drug addict. I thought since he had no respect for anyone and we haven't been around eachother a lot at all that being more of a friend would work better. Of course it did work well until he started being flirty and touchy feely and seemingly frustrated. Maybe frustrated with me because I always walked away from what seemed like advances. I really don't know. I talked with my husband and we decided it would be bad to refuse affection or not give any (like normal parenting affection) but i needed to remain the adult and walk away. Basically ignore it is all that is doing. He is never violent or forceful with me so i am not worried there. I am just scared that if I talk to him about it he will hate me and if I ignore it he will hate me. What should I do? I don't want to be some evil stepmom. There is enough drama in the world without having to come home to it.

Favorite Answer

His dad needs to have a long talk with him.

You need to lay down the boundaries with him- He needs to know that its NOT ok for him to flirt with you or sexually touch you in any way, your his stepmom and his dads wife. If you continue to ignore him, he will think you think its pleasuarable and he will continue to do this, and he'll escalate his behaviour.

Stop his behaviour before its too late.