LGBT: how can I tell my doctor I want HRT?

I really want HRT and I'm 14, I want to convince him that I am ready for this, help

Thanks x



4 Answers

  • 9 years ago
    Favorite Answer

    Hi Paige

    The "over simplified" way to get on HRT goes like this:

    1) Come out to parent(s), you will need there support and money/insurance.

    2) Find a therapist that specializes in "Gender Identity/Disorders"

    3) See therapist for 2-10 months to get a letter saying you're ready for HRT.

    4) While waiting for that letter find an endocrinologist that deals with HRT [not all do]

    5) Bring the letter to the endocrinologist who then prescribes you the HRT meds.

    PS: Your General or Family doctor will in most cases not prescribe HRT meds.

    The most they will do is give you a referral to an endocrinologist.

    Endocrinologists are the doctors that specialize in meds like HRT.

    Source(s): a fellow M2F TS Girl :)
  • Tai
    Lv 7
    9 years ago

    You need to see an endocrinologist for hormones, and if you want to take hormones for gender dysphoria (as opposed to simple latent maturation), you must also see a gender therapist who can discuss your gender situation. Good luck!

  • 9 years ago

    You need your parent or guardian to sign for you that they find it okay for you to start hormones. He also has to diagnose you as trangendered then write you a letter to see an endocrinologist so you can get tested if you're healthy enough for hormones.

    Source(s): 14 year old FTM
  • Anonymous
    9 years ago

    You would make an ugly boy. Just sayin.

    Source(s): I'm a doctor.
Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.