Does the plenty of fish dating site work?

I looked into match.com, but didn't like it because with the people on there lived too far away from me. Plus I didn't like how expensive it was.

I did find one girl to wanted to date at my college but that didn't work out. I've heard of this site and have heard both good and bad things about it from people I actually know. I'm wondering if it actually works and if anyone has any personal experiences with this site. Thanks in advance!

I'm really nervous about this because I don't want to accidentally find bad people on there. Plus I'm only going to be looking for girls on there because I'm a straight dude.

Favorite Answer

I have used two dating websites, including PoF.

Plenty of Fish: Great because it's free. Bad because it's free. You don't have to pay anything, but that leads to guys searching for girls to get laid, people who don't take it seriously, profiles that are jokes, etc. I had a profile for a couple of years, and sent out probably 30 emails or so. I had one date out of it (after a girl emailed me), and that was it.

eHarmony: I joined in October of 2010. It's good because it asks a lot of personality questions, and matches you with similar people in your area. The downside is that it costs a decent amount... But because it does, it keeps losers who aren't serious off of it. Another downside is that it gives you your matches, but doesn't allow you to search for anyone. Some have complained about a lack of matches, but I received at least 5 new matches every day. I met three girls, and one of them is now my girlfriend. It’s going well, so I’m a fan of eHarmony.

Good luck.