Best Processor? Intel vs AMD?

Why do Intel processors cost like 3x more AMD? Are they truly better? If I pitted the latest most-expensive Intel processor vs AMD's lastest and greatest which is better?

• PTRP
    Best Answer

I am not a fan either of any type of processor, but let's admit it that as of today, the best processors that are out in the market are indeed intel processors, numbers don't lie and people in yahoo answers wouldn't also, is that right ???

• UID.0

Intel designed them and owns the standard. Even an AMD is referred to as having the Intel architecture.

AMD's seem to have faster bus speeds but the way the numbers are actually crunched are a bit slower and for some applications less stable. Intel is currently the faster processor to get the job done in most (but not all) bench tests but it is slightly more reliable too (CPU's in this case).

The only benefit I see in AMD is that their Video processors (VPU's) and video card adapters in general tend to use way less power and offer competitive output speeds.

All in all, the average person will not notice a difference unless you are a heavy gamer or have graphics / video editor.

Intel's are truly better but often not worth the cost. I personally prefer Intel over AMD any day but due to cost, I am using AMD now.

Intels latest and greatest consumer processor (i7 2700K) whips the sh!t out of AMD's best processor (AMD AM3 FX 8150)

Costs 3 times more? that's bullshit! Intel CPU's are about 1/3 more expensive than their AMD equivalents. Not 3 times more expensive.

Intel, sure they have the same number of cores on most processors, but the architecture is what matters, and intel beats AMD in that category.

I THINK IT HAVE TO DEPEND ON WHAT SPEED DO THEY RUN

IF THE LATEST INTEL GO FOR LIKE 4.0GHZ AND THE AMD GO FOR 3.5GHZ

THEN THE INTEL PROCESSOR WILL BE BETTER

MAYBE THERE STRUCTURE'S ARE DIFFERENT

INTEL IS BETTER

Intel would win. and that is the truth. but regardless im an amd fan because they are still very good, and cheap.

Intel for sure, if price matters then AMD.

http://kzkomputers.com/

Intel..

Intel, no doubt!!